Uploaded third party route removes my tracks & routes from GaiaGPS

MikekiM

Jun 16, 2015, 6:59:04 PM6/16/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
I had a few saved tracks and routes I had made on my IOS devices and all were visible in both the devices (iphone 6 & ipad II) under the proper categories.

I created a route using the route planner feature in MovesCount, which is designed for creating routes for use in Suunto GPS watches.. I have the Ambit.  I exported the GPX from MovesCount and imported to GaiaGPS.  After the import and subsequent sync, my saved tracks and routes are correct in GaiaGPS.com, but are no longer in the proper place in the devices.. Saved Tracks & Routes are now only found under the Folders section.

I've logged out but all is the same when I log back in.

Any thoughts on what I did?

MikekiM

Jun 17, 2015, 2:42:44 PM6/17/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
I thought I might have uploaded the route to the Track list in error as Navigation in the web app is ambiguous..  There is nothing on the page to indicate where you.. Tracks or Routes.  Both pages say My GaiaCloud.  Maybe that can be changed in the next update so you know where you on the site..

That said, I still can't figure out why the web app and IOS apps are showing different information.

as...@gaiagps.com

Jun 19, 2015, 2:14:51 PM6/19/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mike,

If your saved tracks and routes are only found in the folders menu, you can follow these instructions to get them to appear in their respective menus.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to email me at sup...@gaiagps.com.

Regards,

Ashli Baldwin

User Support

MikekiM

Jun 25, 2015, 10:09:19 AM6/25/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
I'll email you Ashli, thanks..

The problem is that the content displayed on Gaiagps.com doesn't match the content displayed in the ios devices (though both ios devices are the same)..