Re: French IGN and Swiss TOPO maps

Savannah

Mar 13, 2013, 5:14:00 PM3/13/13
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

Thank you very much for your interest in Gaia GPS.  We do not currently have access to those maps.  Please post a request on our UserVoice page for those maps so that we can see if other users would like to have access to them as well.  If you happen to have paper versions of those maps, you can use our Map Warper site to import those paper maps into your personal copy of Gaia GPS.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns about Gaia GPS.

Regards,
Savannah

User Support
Gaia GPS
www.GaiaGPS.com

Helpful? Click to give Savannah thanks!

On Mar 13, 2013 at 5:17 p.m. gaia-gps <gaia...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way to use the IGN Topo maps from France (TOP 25 and TOP 100)
with Gaia GPS? I know they are available on some French GPS apps and are
really amazing.

Thank you.

--

---

Powered by UserVoice.

Savannah

Apr 9, 2013, 1:19:28 PM4/9/13
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

I'm not sure if you saw this yesterday on Gaia GPS's UserVoice page, but we've added the French IGN topo maps you requested yesterday.  You can find the source now under the "Add more layers..." link on the main layers page of Gaia GPS. '

Please let me know if you have any other questions, suggestions or concerns about Gaia GPS.

Regards,
Savannah

User Support
Gaia GPS
www.GaiaGPS.com

On Mar 13, 2013 at 9:13 p.m. Savannah, User Support <sup...@gaiagps.com> wrote:

[...]

Marc Stedman via Gaia GPS

Apr 9, 2013, 1:21:03 PM4/9/13
to gaia...@googlegroups.com

Yes I did see this and it's great.
Thank you again for making these tiles available.
--
Marc Stedman

On Apr 9, 2013 at 5:19 p.m. Savannah, User Support <sup...@gaiagps.com> wrote:

[...]

Ruthie Irvin

Sep 24, 2015, 12:38:11 PM9/24/15
to Gaia GPS
Hi Folks,

Unfortunately the French IGN maps are no longer available.

There used to be a server that Gaia could hit, which users asked us to link in the app, but it is no longer available. We looked into acquiring a license for the IGN maps, to re-sell in Gaia GPS, but we don’t consider it a priority right now.

The OpenHikingMap is often a reasonable alternative.

If the French IGN source is important to you, please consider getting involved in this Idea Forum discussion about additional Map Sources.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at sup...@gaiagps.com.

Kind regards,
Ruthie Irvin
Adventure Support