Route changes when uploaded to GaiaGPS.com

MikekiM

Jun 16, 2015, 11:09:51 PM6/16/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
I created a new route using a third party app (GPSies.com) because I haven't started my GaiaGPS Pro subscription yet.  The route was laid out on an established trail through a local state park.

When the route finished uploading, I noticed that it was changed to use a different trail in the same park..  This increased the distance by about 0.5 miles and takes me through an area I want to avoid.

Why would GaiaGPS change previously planned route?  It's not like it scrambled the route off the original trail, it quite accurately used a different, longer route on another trail.

Here is the original route (blue) as I planned it in GPSies.com and exported to gpx..

Here is the route as it appears after it was imported into GaiaGPS

as...@gaiagps.com

Jun 19, 2015, 2:14:53 PM6/19/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mike,