switch from /addmapsource to TileJSON

mjb

Jul 19, 2015, 12:26:43 PM7/19/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
I've been looking through the process to make a TileJSON for custom map source and got it to work.

Now that I have the new TileJSON source, I still have two custom map sources listed that were added using the older import method (http://gaiagps.appspot.com/addmapsource).  The problem I'm seeing now is that I can't get rid of the old custom map sources.  If I remember correctly, I used to be able to swipe to delete them.  However, I can't seem to get that to work.  At one point it seemed to stop working on IOS, but I was able to delete a custom map source from Android.  Now I can't seem to get either platform to let me swipe on a map source ... it just wants to move the custom map source up or down in the maps list.

What's the right method to delete a custom map source?

Andrew Johnson

Jul 20, 2015, 1:34:14 AM7/20/15
to Gaia GPS
Hi Mark,

I think removing custom map sources by swiping doesn't work if you have GaiaPro, because of how the layered maps interface works. We should address that.

This week though, I think we're going to release a webpage that lets you manage your map sources. I'll write back on this thread when we release it. I saw a demo last week.

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew Johnson
Founder

--

---

mjb

Jul 23, 2015, 2:29:46 PM7/23/15
to Gaia GPS, and...@gaiagps.com
Managing via web page would be great.

Also - I realized the other day I can still delete the custom map source on Android ... I just have to long click rather than swipe.

thanks for taking care of it.

Andrew Johnson

Jul 29, 2015, 11:57:21 PM7/29/15
to mjb, Gaia GPS
I wanted to say we're a little late on shipping the map source management page.

It's actually up now, but a bit buggy (need to be logged in): https://www.gaiagps.com/datasummary/mapsources

We're fixing this up, and then we'll link it in the main menu for general use.

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew Johnson
Founder