TileJSON

PdxFrogDog

Apr 13, 2015, 8:42:32 PM4/13/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Given a valid TileJSON file, how do I add it to Gaia?  Can't find it documented anywhere.

Thanks!

MQ

Ruthie Irvin

Apr 20, 2015, 3:20:15 PM4/20/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
Hi MQ,

Thanks for reaching out about the TileJSON import process. Here is a new Knowledge Base article with some basic instructions about it

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me directly at sup...@gaiagps.com.

My best,
Ruthie Irvin
User Support

SVW

Jun 14, 2015, 9:36:58 PM6/14/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've rectified a map in Map Warper and tried to import the tilejson file into Gaia. Unfortunately I get the error: "Import Failed. The track named pep.tilejson failed to import." I'll include the file in below.

So what's the problem here?

{
    “tilejson”: “2.1.0”,
    “name”: “PEP Kamloops”,
    “uniqueTilecacheKey”: “PEPKam”,
    “attribution”: “PEP”,
    “minzoom”: 4,
    “maxzoom”: 18,
    “icon”: “topo.png”,
    “tiles”: [
        “http://mapwarper.net/maps/tile/9756/{z}/{x}/{y}.png
    ]
}

as...@gaiagps.com

Jun 19, 2015, 1:54:44 PM6/19/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

We recently introduced a tool to help create TileJSON files that you can find here. Here is an article describing how to use it.

If you are still having trouble, please email me the file at sup...@gaiagps.com.

Regards,

Ashli Baldwin

User Support
Message has been deleted

SVW

Jun 19, 2015, 7:33:15 PM6/19/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
Hello again Ashli,

I used the Create your TileJSON File tool. Works well (and I found my error in the file I wrote -- I used .tilejson, shoulda been .jason).

I have a few suggestions:
- More detailed instructions would be good.
- Any way I can make adjacent maps brought into Gaia in this way seamlessly tile?
- What is a good zoom range? (I brought in one map at 4-18 and it won't download for off-web viewing - too many tiles. Another at 0-11 will, but looks rough at large zooms).

Thanks,
Steve

Ashli Baldwin

Jun 26, 2015, 1:04:11 PM6/26/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the feedback

Since tilejson files import as layers, the will not automatically stitch together. If you have a GaiaPro subscription, you could layer them together.

The zoom range will vary between sources. You will have to feel it out. Typically you will want to keep them between 4-22.

Steve Van Wagoner

Jun 26, 2015, 3:30:28 PM6/26/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashli,

Thanks for the help.

Our goal is to have this series of maps on a tile server relatively soon. If we do that will we be able to bring the maps in to the app in a similar fashion to the US topo maps that are currently supplied within the app?

If so, any advice in this regard?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Van Wagoner, Area Air Deputy
PEP Air/CASARA, Kamloops

--

---

as...@gaiagps.com

Jul 1, 2015, 2:50:03 PM7/1/15
to gaia...@googlegroups.com

Hi Steve,

You will be able to import your tile server. I don’t have particular advice, but when it’s up, let us know if you have any trouble doing the import.