MIgrating to a new iPhone

pdxFred

Jul 1, 2016, 6:30:58 PM7/1/16
to Gaia GPS
Hi,
When migrating from an old iPhone to a new one, it appears only the app migrates via iTunes. Maps need to be re-downloaded. What a monumental PITA. Is there a way to re-download ALL my maps at once?

pdxFred

Jul 2, 2016, 6:33:41 PM7/2/16
to Gaia GPS
Adding some detail now that I've messed with it a bunch more. I can see my "saved maps" in the list under the Maps button, but they are not actually downloaded onto my device. If I turn off automatic resume of download, I do see a resume download option under some, but not all, maps. Very strange.

Douglas Rosenberg

Jul 2, 2016, 7:59:58 PM7/2/16
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
I don't think Gaia is using this group any more -- you need to sign up under the Gaia subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/GaiaGPS/ and ask your questions there.

However, I think the answer to your immediate question is to get an account at gaiagps.com, and then backup/sync all your old phone's maps, tracks, routes, etc. to the Gaia cloud. Then go to your new phone, open Gaiagps, and sync/restore to that. Good luck!

--

---

Andrew Johnson

Jul 2, 2016, 11:16:53 PM7/2/16