How can GaiaCloud or Trailbehind be used to "sync" or import Waypoints/Routes to Gaia?

Max

Oct 4, 2013, 7:56:58 PM10/4/13
to gaia...@googlegroups.com
I originally thought that I could create waypoints and routes on Gaia Cloud then sync them with the phone but no joy. Then I was hoping that I could, alternatively, create some dummy waypoints and sync them to the cloud where I could edit them with the real coords and sync back, but no.

So is there a better way?

Andrew Johnson

Oct 5, 2013, 1:17:29 PM10/5/13
to Gaia GPS
Hey Max,

We don't have editing capabilities on the website (yet).

When I plan a trip, I'll usually map out the route on my iPad, then sync it over to my iPhone, and share the route with my friends who are going. I also have recently been mapping out the last mile of the drive and sharing that too, which really does the trick for meeting someone at a trailhead.

We do plan to add a route/waypoint editor to the website, but I don't have an ETA yet. We just add GPX and photo uploads last week, so you can import track without having the app.

Andrew

Andrew Johnson
Co-founder

--

---

Lawrence Hall

Aug 22, 2015, 12:56:38 PM8/22/15
to Gaia GPS, marc...@gmail.com
I have been testing both Delorme Inreach/Mapshare and Gaia to see which one works better for me. I think I'm going to give up on Gaia (pro). I like the Android "Aerial" option, and some of the map enhancements with Gaia. I also like the photo options with Ghia,
but they make it so complicated it's not worth the time. Dozens of emails to finally get it to work.... I'll never remember the process. Something that companies will never accept- IT people make lousy teachers and beta testing with "average" people is a waste of time.
The word "tuitive"has no real meaning. Syncing with Gaia cloud, (including routes) is a basic no brainer.
I really, really wanted to have the routes, pictures, social options work with Gaia, but life is too short. Gaia Pro did nothing.
Delorme is not great, but at least the basic, basic functions are there for routes, pics, etc., and can eventually be figured out.
Had all of my friends purchase Gaia, but will now tell them to dump Gaia and log into to Delorme Mapshare, as Gaia has fallen short, and is not user friendly as Mapshare which even has interactive maps.
Put a lot of time into both programs. Gaia fell short.