Grace's SURPRISE 10th Birthday Trip - Universal Studios, Hollywood

Allison Gagnon

Mar 20, 2018, 11:51:44 AM3/20/18
to gagnonfa...@googlegroups.com

The weekend before her Birthday, Justin and I surprised Grace with a trip down to Hollywood to celebrate her Birthday.  We flew down to Burbank, and stayed near Universal, spending our first afternoon at Warner Brothers Studios for a Studio Tour.  The next day was spent at Universal Studios Hollywood, exploring the park from one end to the next, but spending as much time as possible in Harry Potter World (Grace read all the books and is obsessed).  We had brunch with Non and G Dad on Sunday and a quick trip to the Walk of Fame, before flying home.  It was a MAGICAL weekend with our girl - one that we will never forget.  She is such a joy to Justin and I.

Ready to go!

Mad Libs in the airport...

Yahtzee on the plane...
First glimpse of Hogwart's Castle...

Hotel Lobby
Ready for our afternoon!
Awesome Lunch at Olive and Thyme...
My heart.

Warner Brothers

Studio Tour...
Entering "Privet Drive..."
Sorting hat - Grace got sorted into Griffindor
Mom got Hufflepuff!
Dad got Griffindor!

Original broomstick and Quiddich gear
House robes
Costumes from the movies...

Goblet of Fire

Aragog

Dobby...

Marauder's Map
Dumbledore's Army Sign Up Sheet...
Right at home...
Harry's glasses
Harry's wand
Harry's acceptance letter to Hogwart's
Harry's chimney
Wizarding candy
More memoribilia....

Voldemort's wand...

Dobby
Books signed by JK Rowling
D.C. Comics
Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman

Wonder Woman sword
We fit right in!
Batcycle
Original Batmobile!
The Dark Knight!
Grace, operating the Bat Signal
Tumbler
Joker's Car

Batmobile
Learning about movie making
Sketches from Scooby Doo

Set of "Friends"
Grace rode on this broomstick in front of the green screen.  So amazing!
Flying car...
Testing out movie making on set...
Animatronics
Wands...

Central Perk cafe
HP gear...
Grace, CRUSHING IT!
Out to dinner at The Front Door

Universal Studios, Hollywood!

Hogsmeade Village

Olivander's Wand Shop

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - such an amazing ride!

Flight of the Hippogriff

Mummy ride!

LOVE this girl so much!

VIP lunch.  SO good!

Special visit from Lucille Ball

Minion crush...

Backlot Studio Tour...

Steve Harvey Show set...
Setting up for American Ninja Warrior - we LOVED this!
Prop warehouse.  SO cool to see!

ET

Set for part of "The Greatest Showman"
Set from Spielberg's "War of the Worlds" - very cool.

Back in Hogsmeade...

Grace was selected for a wand at Olivander's.  Such an incredible experience for her!

Castle Light Show...

Butter Beer in three types - hot, cold, and slushy.  I think we liked the hot best.  It's not beer at all, but more of a caramel-type drink...

Adopting her own Pygmy Puff - they made quite the ruckus in the shop over her birthday - so fun!
Lovies Three!!!

Such an awesome day!
Universal Citywalk

With Vin Diesel in the hotel lobby
Brunch the next morning with Nonnie and G Dad...

Amazing pancakes at Bea Bea's...

Walk of Fame...

This was as close as we could get to the Oscar's...

LOVE these three so much.
Mischief Managed.  Happy 10th Birthday to our best girl.  We'll never forget these memories.

from Blogger http://ift.tt/2u7GDxk
via IFTTT