bad altitude tracking

IamHenri

Jul 28, 2013, 12:48:02 PM7/28/13
to gaggle...@googlegroups.com
Hello every one,
I use gaggle to track my glider flights on my htc one s.
The last track I made are a little wrong regarding the altitude.
Check out the image I attached to this post.
Does anyone know if there is a solution, or if there is some "must have" parameters I may have missed.
In the front of the picture you can see the winch trajectory. But after, it seems on this file that I felt the 350 meters I gained, to do my whole flight really really low. Which was not the case. So, now that you see my problem, do you have any clue???

thanks you all
Henri
gaggle-tracking-issue.jpg

Marc

Jul 29, 2013, 3:54:55 AM7/29/13
to gaggle...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

Which version of Gaggle are you using ?

There are 2 issues here: the big jump and the fact that the track seems
lower than reality.

GPS altitude is not always accurate, and it's not really suprising that
you have a big 'jump' like that... I don't think it's a bug in gaggle...

The negative offset you have may come from altitude not being corrected
correctly. Depending on the version of Gaggle you are using, you may be
able to fix that.

Marc

IamHenri

Jul 30, 2013, 8:31:05 PM7/30/13
to gaggle...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,
I am using the 1.62 version. Which may be not the stable one? If so, I can re install another one. Like the one on the android market...
Let's say it's not a bug, it may be more a pebkac problem but I'd like to find a solution to keep using gaggle and check my tracks.
Thank you for your answer.
Cheers,
Henri

Marc

Jul 31, 2013, 2:15:54 AM7/31/13
to gaggle...@googlegroups.com
On 07/31/2013 02:31 AM, IamHenri wrote:
> Hi Marc,
> I am using the 1.62 version. Which may be not the stable one? If so, I
> can re install another one. Like the one on the android market...
> Let's say it's not a bug, it may be more a pebkac problem but I'd like
> to find a solution to keep using gaggle and check my tracks.
> Thank you for your answer.
> Cheers,
> Henri

:)
It's not a pebkac :)
Problem is that 1.62 is the latest stable. Aside from 1.62, you can find
some beta that I've pushed (on the market also), but these are "beta"
and contain some bugs. I'm not planning on finishing the work needed for
moving from beta state to stable state, sorry. But if you simply use
gaggle for recording tracks, the beta should do the job.

Within the settings (in the beta) you will find something about altitude
correction. Enable this option and you altitude should be correct after
that (it won't correct any 'jump' as it's more likely a signal problem).

Marc