Data Files Lost ???

David Huffman

Sep 30, 2013, 6:00:19 PM9/30/13
to gaggle-users
I have been a long time user of Gaggle and I have donated. Put where are the data files? I have also been in IT for over 20 years. Why not just put them on the SD card or make a directory and store them. I tried to back them up months ago and then forgot about it. Long Tap and then send??? I did this and then got a permission error. "PLEASE" I just lost 20-30 flights forever. What's so hard about this??  Is there some fee I'm supposed to pay to be able to save my files??? Thi sis too simple for such a great product.

Kevin Hester

Sep 30, 2013, 8:05:13 PM9/30/13
to gaggle...@googlegroups.com
They get (optionally - see settings) stored on the sd-card.  Hopefully one of the other devs who are actively working on gaggle will be able to provide more details.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM, David Huffman <dhuffm...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been a long time user of Gaggle and I have donated. Put where are the data files? I have also been in IT for over 20 years. Why not just put them on the SD card or make a directory and store them. I tried to back them up months ago and then forgot about it. Long Tap and then send??? I did this and then got a permission error. "PLEASE" I just lost 20-30 flights forever. What's so hard about this??  Is there some fee I'm supposed to pay to be able to save my files??? Thi sis too simple for such a great product.

David Huffman

Sep 30, 2013, 8:15:31 PM9/30/13
to gaggle-users
Thanks for this info, but I don't see the option to store on SD-card, where is it?

David W. Huffman  /  Discovery Enterprises, LLC
Notice:The information in this transmission and any files attached to it is privileged and confidential and intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error please notify by email at po...@worthcf.com and delete the copy you received

Kevin Hester

Sep 30, 2013, 8:17:34 PM9/30/13
to gaggle...@googlegroups.com
alas - I don't have gaggle installed right now (not flying anything currently ;-().  Hopefully one of the other volunteer devs will answer your friendly question.

Edd

Oct 2, 2013, 8:06:09 AM10/2/13
to gaggle...@googlegroups.com
My data files live in sdcard\gaggle\tracklogs ...

Ed

Oct 2, 2013, 10:24:21 AM10/2/13
to gaggle...@googlegroups.com
Which I believe is the standard place, no need to select an option or anything.

Note that these data files are only created once you have clicked “send as IGC (or whatever)”. You don’t have to actually send it, file still gets written.

Hope that helps?
Ed
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mailto:gaggle-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com.

Kevin Hester