Bookmarks

saulo

Jul 28, 2010, 10:20:17 AM7/28/10
to gaggle-discuss
Hello,

I've been having some problems with the bookmarks.
Once i Add a bookmark through "Dataset>store in dataset" I'm not able
to exclude them.
Is there any way to fix it?

Regards

Christopher Bare

Jul 28, 2010, 11:33:07 AM7/28/10
to gaggle-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Saulo,

I'll take a look. I remember that feature being a bit hacked together. If you want delete individual bookmarks from the set, you should be able to delete them from the sidebar panel and resave the set of bookmarks. There may not be a way of deleting the whole set. If not, I'll try and do that and add it later today.

Thanks,

-Chris

 J. Christopher Bare
 Software Engineer, Baliga Lab
 Institute for Systems Biology

Saulo Alves

Jul 28, 2010, 11:36:25 AM7/28/10
to gaggle-...@googlegroups.com
hello chris,

the problem is, whenever i delete it, when i want to quit the program it only allows me to save as an external file. besides, if i update the list and re-add the list, i end up full of duplicates.

thanks anyways.

----------------
s.

Christopher Bare

Jul 28, 2010, 11:46:27 AM7/28/10
to gaggle-...@googlegroups.com
Saulo,

Sounds like a bug to me. I'll take a look and let you know. Thanks for reporting!!

-chris

Christopher Bare

Jul 29, 2010, 1:42:58 PM7/29/10
to gaggle-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Saulo,

Saving bookmarks in the database (done by right-clicking in the bookmarks panel and selecting "Dataset>store in dataset") was a bit of an afterthought and a quick and dirty hack. But, I've given a shot at fixing the issues you brought up.

I added the ability to delete sets of bookmarks from the DB by right clicking in the bookmarks panel. I also changed the behavior of the store operation so that you won't get duplicates. It now confirms then overwrites any existing bookmarks.

There's still one small gotcha. The program identifies a set of bookmarks by the name you give it (that appears at the top of the tab). So be careful to use a unique name when you intend to create a distinct set of bookmarks. I also added a "rename" item to that same right-click menu, for this reason.

The changes are deployed now in version 0.9.161.

I hope this helps. Please let me know, either way. Thanks!

- Chris