1.7 to 1.8 Runtime config changes. Correct?

Alex Garrett

May 23, 2018, 9:48:33 PM5/23/18
to Gaelyk
Moved a Gaelyk app from Java 1.7 to 1.8

Changed build.gradle

def compatibilityVersion = 1.8
// was 1.7. Is this what I think it is!

def gaeVersion = '1.9.57'
// Java 1.8 seemed to be introduced at this point (and I had a 'no zip' msg trying the very latest).

Changed appengine-web.xml

<runtime>java8</runtime>
// parsing seemed sensitive to where I put this, but was OK placed after the <threadsafe>true</threadsafe> entry!

This works. Is this essentially it?

Appengine console now shows serving on a java8 runtime.

Guillaume Laforge

May 24, 2018, 1:24:45 AM5/24/18
to gae...@googlegroups.com
Exactly, that's all there is to do.

You've received this message because you've subscribed to the Gaelyk Google Group.
To send an email to the group, please write to: gae...@googlegroups.com
To unsuscribe from this group: gaelyk+un...@googlegroups.com
To show more options: http://groups.google.fr/group/gaelyk?hl=en

---