Gaelyk 0.3.2 released

Guillaume Laforge

Nov 27, 2009, 7:03:22 PM11/27/09
to gae...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

After the releases of Groovy 1.6.6 and 1.7-RC-1, I thought it was time to also update Gaelyk and release 0.3.2.
You can get it while it's hot: http://gaelyk.appspot.com/download/

What's new in this release?
  • Memcache getAt syntax was not working for String keys (bug reported by Tim Yates)
  • Remove the "generated by" messages in the templates and groovlets (contributed by nicmarti)
  • Added a localMode binding variable indicating whether the application is running locally or deployed on Google App Engine's cloud
  • Added a servlet filter URL routing system for friendlier and RESTful URLs
  • Upgraded the template project to the newly released Groovy 1.7-RC-1
Of particular interest, and the key highlight for this release is the URL routing system.
You'll get all the explanations in the updated tutorial: http://gaelyk.appspot.com/tutorial
It's much nicer and easier than the pre-existing regex replacement strategy which was pretty unflexible and painfule to use.

I've updated the Gaelyk website itself with the URL routing.
All the past URLs are still valid, although structurally speaking I've reorganized the pages a bit.

Thanks to all those who contributed to this release!

Enjoy!

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager

Alex

Nov 28, 2009, 4:48:20 AM11/28/09
to Gaelyk
My congratulations with the release.

New URLs routing looks very flexible. Will surely try it.

Thanks,
Alex