strange issue with route.groovy

Wilson MacGyver

Sep 23, 2015, 1:05:02 PM9/23/15
to gae...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I just noticed something strange today.

so I have a groovylet

/WEB-INF/api/games/precompute.groovy

ie, 2 directory down

and in route.groovy

I put

get '/api/match', forward: '/api/games/precompute.groovy'

this works on local dev server, but when I push it up to production it doesn't.

but if I move the groovlet so it's /WEB-INF/api/precompute.groovy, ie, only 1 directory
down. I change the route.groovy to

get '/api/match', forward: '/api/precompute.groovy'

then it works on both local and production.

has anyone run into this before? this seems quite odd to me.

Vladimír Oraný

Sep 23, 2015, 2:42:19 PM9/23/15
to gae...@googlegroups.com

This is common problem if you forget to declare package in the groovlet

Dne st 23. 9. 2015 19:05 uživatel Wilson MacGyver <wmac...@gmail.com> napsal:

You've received this message because you've subscribed to the Gaelyk Google Group.
To send an email to the group, please write to: gae...@googlegroups.com
To unsuscribe from this group: gaelyk+un...@googlegroups.com
To show more options: http://groups.google.fr/group/gaelyk?hl=en

---

Wilson MacGyver

Sep 23, 2015, 3:14:56 PM9/23/15
to gae...@googlegroups.com
Really? Howcome it works on dev server?

Vladimír Oraný

Sep 23, 2015, 4:24:07 PM9/23/15
to gae...@googlegroups.com

I prefers local files (found by path) to precompiled (found by package + script name).

Wilson MacGyver

Sep 23, 2015, 8:38:57 PM9/23/15
to gae...@googlegroups.com
yup, that was it. by declaring package in my groovlet files, now I can have more than one directory deep. and everything works correctly.

Thank you!