How do I pass a java proxy setting?

Peter Kelley

Jun 1, 2014, 9:26:30 PM6/1/14
to gae...@googlegroups.com
If I'm developing behind a firewall with a proxy how do I set a proxy for appengineRun? I have set JAVA_OPTS so gradlew is running with the correct proxy but my appengine local instance is not.

Vladimír Oraný

Jun 3, 2014, 4:38:04 AM6/3/14
to gae...@googlegroups.com
I think you can set these in the appengine closure in build.gradle file

appengine {
    appcfg {
        httpsProxy = '10.0.0.1' // or httpProxy
    }
}

If I'm developing behind a firewall with a proxy how do I set a proxy for appengineRun? I have set JAVA_OPTS so gradlew is running with the correct proxy but my appengine local instance is not.

You've received this message because you've subscribed to the Gaelyk Google Group.
To send an email to the group, please write to: gae...@googlegroups.com
To unsuscribe from this group: gaelyk+un...@googlegroups.com
To show more options: http://groups.google.fr/group/gaelyk?hl=en

---

Peter Kelley

Jun 3, 2014, 6:25:01 PM6/3/14
to gae...@googlegroups.com, vlad...@orany.cz
Should I be adding this closure to the build.gradle file in my project directory or is there one somewhere else that I should be altering?

Kunal Dabir

Jun 4, 2014, 12:35:01 AM6/4/14
to gae...@googlegroups.com, Vladimír Oraný
Yes, It should be in build.gradle.

Peter Kelley

Jun 4, 2014, 2:09:53 AM6/4/14
to gae...@googlegroups.com, vlad...@orany.cz
This doesn't work for me. Here is my build.gradle (taken from the sample project and modified):

apply plugin: 'war'
apply plugin: 'gaelyk'
apply plugin: 'appengine-geb'

def compatibilityVersion = 1.7
sourceCompatibility = compatibilityVersion
targetCompatibility = compatibilityVersion

buildscript {
    repositories {
        mavenCentral()
        jcenter()
    }

    dependencies {
        classpath 'org.gradle.api.plugins:gradle-gaelyk-plugin:0.6'
        classpath 'org.gradle.api.plugins:gradle-appengine-geb-plugin:0.4'
    }
}

repositories {
    mavenCentral()
    jcenter()
}

dependencies {
    def gaeVersion = '1.9.4'
    def groovyVersion = '2.3.0'

    compile "org.codehaus.groovy:groovy-all:${groovyVersion}"

    compile "com.google.appengine:appengine-api-1.0-sdk:$gaeVersion",
            "com.google.appengine:appengine-api-labs:$gaeVersion"

    compile 'org.sitemesh:sitemesh:3.0-alpha-2'

    compile 'org.gaelyk:gaelyk:2.1.2'

    testCompile 'org.gaelyk:gaelyk-spock:0.4'
    testCompile "com.google.appengine:appengine-api-stubs:$gaeVersion",
            "com.google.appengine:appengine-testing:$gaeVersion"

    functionalTestCompile 'org.seleniumhq.selenium:selenium-firefox-driver:2.40.0'
    functionalTestCompile 'org.gebish:geb-spock:0.9.2'

    appengineSdk "com.google.appengine:appengine-java-sdk:$gaeVersion"

    /**
     * To add binary plugin just declare it as a dependency. For example,
     * uncomment following to add GPars support to your Gaelyk project.
     */
    // compile 'org.codehaus.gpars:gpars-appengine:0.1'

    /**
     * Gaelyk console serves as playground or key-hole surgery tool for
     * your application
     */
    // compile 'org.gaelyk:gaelyk-console:2.0'

}

appengine {
appcfg {
httpProxy = 'proxy.mycompany.com:8080
httpsProxy = 'proxy.mycompany.com:8080

Peter Kelley

Mar 3, 2016, 10:53:44 PM3/3/16
to Gaelyk, vlad...@orany.cz
I would appreciate an example of a build.gradle file where this is working. The properties do not seem to be making it into the jvmFlags property of RunTask.groovy and hence are not being set. I would be interested also in the format of the proxy string. If I am running a cntlm proxy on 127.0.0.1 on port 3218 what should I be setting httpProxy to?

Does anyone have this working?