user = None

Jay Kyburz

Oct 11, 2013, 3:27:38 AM10/11/13
to gae-sim...@googlegroups.com
Hey Alex and Folks,

One more issue to chat about, not sure if you have any insight.

I only have a bout 1200 daily users right now, almost all Google OpenID accounts..

My Simple Auth implementation has been live a few days now and when checking the logs I see I have quite a few InvalidOpenIDUserError from within _openid_callback.

users.get_current_user() is returning None.

Its it supposed to be possible that the _openid_callback can be called when there is no google user?

It's got me a little confused.

alex

Oct 11, 2013, 4:00:00 AM10/11/13
to Jay Kyburz, gae-sim...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I think it's totally legit: that probably means a user has
initiated sign in process but clicked "cancel" on the consent screen
(the part where provider asks a user whether they want to release the
info to the relying party).

You can try it out yourself:

1. Go to https://simpleauth.appspot.com/auth/openid?identity_url=gmail.com
(or use any other OpenID provider, but not yahoo because they don't
have a "cancel" button)
2. Login with an account you've never used to sign in to
simpleauth.appspot.com before.
3. On the consent screen, click a "cancel" button instead of
confirming. Note that some IdPs don't have a "cancel" button (e.g.
yahoo) so that won't work for those.
4. At this point you will be redirected back to simpleauth.appspot.com
but there will be no user because you didn't give your consent.

Hope this helps!

alex

Oct 11, 2013, 4:04:14 AM10/11/13
to Jay Kyburz, gae-sim...@googlegroups.com
Wait, sorry, I think Yahoo has this button too. Just sign in with an
account you've never used with simpleauth.appspot.com before. Yahoo
should work too.

Jay Kyburz

Oct 11, 2013, 11:53:05 PM10/11/13
to gae-sim...@googlegroups.com, Jay Kyburz
of course, that makes sense. I wasn't catching these myself before so it's interesting to see how many there are!