getting the redirect URLs correct for Oauth2 based profiders (G+, LindedIn)

Matthijs Kadijk

Oct 22, 2014, 4:15:39 PM10/22/14
to gae-sim...@googlegroups.com
Hallo all,

I have searched for a good social login lib for GAE (python) and I found SimpleAuth which is very nice done and easy to use.

So far I have implemented all providers without any problems...

.. except for the the OAuth2 bases ones: googleplus en LinkedIn (v2).

In both cases I get as error message telling me that the redirect URL I configured in the app settings are not correct:
google says:

redirect_uri_mismatch
The redirect URI in the request: http://test.diu.com:9901/auth/googleplus/callback did not match a registered redirect URI.

Linked shows a similar message:
Invalid redirect_uri. This value must match a URL registered with the API Key.Invalid redirect_uri. This value must match a URL registered with the API Key.

(this URL sits on my macbook and works locally), however I also tried the live version of this all (on appspot.com) both using http and https, I used trailing slashed etc. etc. Nothing makes the error message go away !!?

Has anyone successfully configured there two providers with simpleAuth, and what should be filled in at the redirect URL sections of the apps to make it work ?

I saw the demo version has both g+ and linkedIn working correctly, so it should be possible.