Measuring site traffic

Shihan Fang

Sep 18, 2011, 11:57:28 PM9/18/11
to ga-...@googlegroups.com, Terence Lee, Belmont Lay, Pamela Pang
Hiya,

I attended the GA conference a few weeks ago and I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Really helpful information there!

To follow up, I'd like to ask about how Google Analytics measures traffic - this was a question I had but didn't really get down to asking.

My site: http://newnation.sg has been hit by a massive amount of traffic and we've been knocked offline.

The problem is, Google analytics doesn't reflect the traffic that's being shown on our server with Amazon. According to the AWS logs, there was a traffic spike on Friday that corresponded with our down going down. According to analytics, our traffic was 'meh' at best.

Hope you can reply soon,
Thanks!
Shihan
+65 97278746