Fwd: Job Opportunity: Head of Social Media & Conflict Mediation Programme HD

Georgia Bullen

Apr 4, 2024, 7:18:29 PMApr 4
to ga-...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Wafa Ben-Hassine
Date: Thu, Apr 4, 2024, 16:02
Subject: Fwd: Job Opportunity: Head of Social Media & Conflict Mediation Programme HD
To: Georgia Bullen

This could be a good role to advertise for on the GA List!

Wafa Ben-Hassine, she/her
Principal, Responsible Technology
Omidyar Network
Washington, D.C. (Eastern timezone)

Begin forwarded message:

From: Maude Morrison <morr...@hdcentre.org>
Date: March 27, 2024 at 10:36:17 AM EDT
To: Wafa Ben-Hassine

Dear Wafa,

I hope all is well! As you may have seen, I’m moving on to a new role within HD, as Deputy Director of the Digital Conflict region. This means I’ll still be working on social media issues, but I’m expanding my focus to cover our AI and cyber teams too, which I’m very excited about.

As I prepare to transition into the new position, we are hiring for a new head of the social media and conflict mediation program at HD. I’m biased, but I genuinely think this a very exciting opportunity in the tech and conflict space and I would really appreciate you sharing with anyone you think might be interested.

Thank you so much and do feel free to put anybody in touch with me for more information, or to reach out to me directly about it.

Best wishes,
Maude

The job: Project Manager, Social Media and Conflict Mediation Programme at theCentre for Humanitarian Dialogue (HD). The Manager will lead all aspects of HD’s social media programme, which works to minimise the impact of social media on conflicts and peace processes around the world. Our work includes engaging with conflict parties to encourage restraint in the digital space through agreements that mitigate online harm, running dialogue with social media platforms on the topic of peace processes and armed conflict and supporting peace mediators to help them address social media harms via diplomacy and negotiations. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the social media team, developing the programme’s strategy, managing budgets and donor relations, and leading external engagement on the topic of social media, disinformation and conflict.

The candidate: The ideal candidate will be an expert in the field of social media & conflict, with at least 7 years of experience working on issues of responsible tech and/or peace and conflict issues. They will be an excellent communicator, able to build relationships effectively and present clearly to a range of stakeholders. They have experience managing small teams and demonstrate exceptional organisation and project management skills. They will bring their expertise to the role with creativity, commitment and compassion. The position will be remote with significant travel involved.

How to apply: Send a resume & cover letter in a single PDF file to hrge...@hdcentre.org, indicating “Project Manager Social Media” in the subject line. Include an audio recording of no longer than one minute outlining your motivation for applying.

Deadline: April 14th

Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue
This e-mail contains HD confidential information for the use of the intended recipient(s) only

signature.asc