Strategy Project Manager

Georgia Bullen

Apr 15, 2024, 10:19:43 PMApr 15
to ga-...@googlegroups.com
https://brigaid.bamboohr.com/careers/62

Job Title: Strategic Project Manager
Job Status: Full-time Exempt
Reports To: Brigaid Senior Leadership Team
Location: New York Metropolitan Area (this is a hybrid position - most days will be remote, but periodic in-person days will be required)
Compensation: $100,000 plus full benefits

About Brigaid: Founded by former Noma head chef Dan Giusti, Brigaid is a startup that began challenging the school food status quo by putting professional chefs into public schools to cook fresh, wholesome food from scratch. In 2016, we launched our first pilot program with the New London Public School district in New London, Connecticut. Since then, we’ve partnered with school districts around the country and expanded our reach into institutional kitchens of all kinds, equipping chefs to work within the parameters of federally-funded food assistance programs to provide organizations with practical solutions and hands-on training that facilitate improved outcomes for those they serve. We encourage you to learn more about our work by visiting our website, chefsbrigaid.com, and our Instagram, @brigaid.

About Position: Over the past three years, the Brigaid team has grown exponentially–from five chefs in 2021 to almost 60 in 2024. As business–and our impact in the institutional food space–continues to grow, our team is in need of a Strategic Project Manager who would be dedicated to solving problems and building systems to keep our work moving forward amidst our rapid expansion. This role would be new for our company–there is currently no project manager role on the team.

As we eye even more expansion this year and into 2025, the Strategic Project Manager would work across the Brigaid team to figure out and implement efficiencies to streamline workflows and ensure staff are dedicating time and resources to what brings the most impact to our team as well as to our partner organizations.

Responsibilities:

Work closely with the senior leadership team to understand and systematize functions and business areas (hiring, recruiting, onboarding, client engagement, internal communications, etc.) and prioritize doing so appropriately.
Source input from Brigaid stakeholders, generate creative and unique ideas, and concisely communicate findings back to the senior leadership team before developing projects and solutions.
Support and enable the senior leadership team to focus on critical business objectives with a micro and macro perspective of their impact, cost, sustainability, etc.
Assemble the right groups of people, create project timelines, synthesize information, facilitate group working sessions, maintain strict deadlines, and establish a path forward for critical Brigaid workflows and initiatives.
Establish key deliverables and documentation for new systems and reporting structures that keep the Brigaid team on track.
Create review cycles to assess project results and progress, allowing the team to adjust in service of continually fostering success.
Conduct research (both internally and externally), host brainstorms, and work independently to figure out the best possible solutions to improve areas of concern.
Partner with senior leadership to think through resource allocation and new business opportunities.
Collaborate with leaders and staff members on the Brigaid team and with outside partners to execute projects and implement new systems.

Qualifications:

Two years of project management experience, with a proven track record of individual ideas and positive business impact.
Very strong written and verbal communication.
Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
Strong leadership skills.
An openness to learning and operating in new spaces. Our work is diverse and we are always learning. Asking questions and being open when we don’t know something is very important to keeping our work on track.
A love for collaboration and coordination. This role will work across the organization in a variety of ways, so teamwork and the ability and desire to create strong, effective working relationships is key.
Very tech savvy and the openness and willingness to learn new systems and tools, and to teach other Brigaid team members (and possibly partner organizations) how to use them.
Experience working with C-suite employees on high level strategic initiatives that have widespread business impact, both internally and externally.
Passionate about Brigaid’s mission and appreciative of the potential impact we can make together.
Ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues who have different professional backgrounds.
Open and able to travel for work.

Physical Requirements:

Must live in or be willing to move to the New York Metropolitan Area.
Ability to travel to partner sites across the country as needed.

To Apply:

To be considered, please submit a resume and a cover letter. The first round of the hiring process will be a Zoom interview, after which qualified candidates will be invited to a three-hour in-person practical interview in New York, NY. To be considered, you must be able to attend this in-person interview. A travel stipend of $250 will be offered to each candidate living more than 120 miles away from New York City. Should the final candidate for this position need to move, Brigaid also offers a one time, lump sum of $5,000 in relocation assistance, which is paid as part of the first paycheck and is subject to tax.

Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted–no phone calls or emails, please. Brigaid is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, socio-economic status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, religion or creed, disability, or political or sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic under state or federal law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job.

Benefits:

100% company-paid health insurance - a gold level plan through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
100% company-paid dental insurance through Guardian
100% company-paid vision insurance through Guardian
100% company-paid short- and long-term care insurance through Guardian
10 days of paid vacation to start
14 paid federal holidays
6 days of paid sick leave
401k with 4% company match and immediate vesting