United We Will Swim....Again! - CAMPAIGN UPDATE

1 view

Keith 74

Oct 9, 2014, 6:58:13 AM10/9/14
to gs...@yahoogroups.com, g8alternat...@googlegroups.com, glasgow...@yahoogroups.com

Please support if you can.

From: france...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 11:47:16 +0100
Subject: United We Will Swim....Again! - CAMPAIGN UPDATE
To: france...@gmail.com

United We Will Swim...Again!

Hello friends and supporters of the Govanhill Baths and United We Will Swim...Again!

I want to thank all of you who have already contributed and supported the film.  We reached £1000 a couple of days ago which is fantastic and will pay for 2 weeks of Editors time (at a reduced rate!). Our editor is Kurosh Kani - an ex student of the RCS - he has set up in the Camcorder Guerrilla’s edit suite and has been soaking up and organising the footage, getting ready to start.

We still have a long way to go before reaching the £5000 goal, and not very much time - less than 2 weeks! But the good news is that the branch manager at the local Santander Bank has agreed to double whatever we raise on Indie-go-go - and that will make a huge difference - so if everyone who has thought about contributing does so - and asks their friends and family too - we might actually get the money needed to pay for an on-line edit, the archive footage and a dub.  Please dig deep :-)

I have been working with two fantastic camera ladies - Kirstin McMahon and Di Tatham to do the filming.  Yesterday Di and I got a great interview with the Police Officer who was chief on the day of the eviction, so,  the battle of Calder Street, just got a bit more interesting. We will be filming the last of the archive interviews this weekend, and then it’s all about raising the cash and pulling it together.

Please share the campaign - please dig deep and support us - it’s so much more than a film - it’s about getting a priceless community facility up and running again.

The Film will be screened on the 7th November in the Govanhill Baths as part of their centenary celebrations - please help it to be as good a film as possible.

We will Swim again in Govanhill!!

For more information about the film or the campaign to save the baths please call Fran on 07939 157575 or visit www.govanhillbaths.com