Trident still has to go – NOW! - mass demo SUPPORT LETTER, 12 Noon, Sunday 30 November

Keith 74

Oct 28, 2014, 5:51:21 AM10/28/14
to gs...@yahoogroups.com, g8alternat...@googlegroups.com, glasgow...@yahoogroups.com

Scrap Trident coalition intends to hold a mass public demonstration at Faslane Sunday 30 November, 12 noon.
View this email in your browser
Trident still has to go – NOW!

Please use the letter of support to raise the Trident Still Has To Go Now national demo at our trade union, community groups etc.
All events take money to put on, from producing flyers and posters to paying for buses.

Download the support letter here: http://goo.gl/7wGaFs
A message from the Scrap Trident steering group:

The Scrap Trident Coalition: Trident Still Has To Go Now
National demonstration: Sunday 30th November, Faslane, 12 - 2pm

Dear Supporter,

The Strap Trident Coalition in Scotland would like to invite your local trade union branch/regional/ or national body to support the national demonstration on Sunday 30th November at Faslane from 12 Noon - 2pm. The demonstration has been called under the slogan Trident Still Has to Go NOW.
Following the result of the Scottish independence referendum we believe that the issue of Trident nuclear weapons in Scotland is still not settled. Scrapping Trident was a central part of the Yes campaign and a significant amount of No voters also believe passionately that there is no place for Trident in Scotland. This means that a clear majority of the people in Scotland want to see Trident scrapped.
The next intake of MPs to Westminster will be taking the decision in 2016 of whether to go ahead with replacing the current Trident system at a cost of £100 billion. With spending on health, education, pensions and disability benefits being slashed we believe that squandering such a sum on nuclear weapons is immoral and unreasonable and call for Trident to be scrapped and for human needs to be properly funded.
We are asking trade unions, campaigning groups and political parties to support the demonstration by encouraging their supporters to attend on the day and by making a financial contribution to help ensure cheap transport is provided from across Scotland. We would be grateful if you could circulate details of the demonstration to your members and supporters.
To get more information about the demonstration and to endorse support for it please go to www.facebook.com/ScrapTrident and make cheques payable to Trident Ploughshares and send to Edinburgh Peace and Justice Centre, St John’s Church Princes St. EH2 4BJ

In Solidarity
Stephen Griffiths (07842 136 555)
On behalf of Scrap Trident Coalition Steering Committee

Our message is clear: Trident still has to go – NOW!

Copyright © 2014 Glasgow Stop the War Coalition, All rights reserved.
Thanks for leaving your email address to be included on our email list.