YES or NO, Trident still has to go – NOW! - mass demonstration, 12 Noon, Sunday 30 November

Keith 74

Oct 5, 2014, 11:29:41 AM10/5/14
to gs...@yahoogroups.com, g8alternat...@googlegroups.com, glasgow...@yahoogroups.com

Scrap Trident coalition intends to hold a mass public demonstration at Faslane Sunday 30 November, 12 noon.
View this email in your browser
YES or NO,
Trident still has to go – NOW!

A message from the Scrap Trident steering group:

Following the result of the Scottish independence referendum we believe that the issue of Trident nuclear weapons in Scotland is still not settled. Scrapping Trident was a central part of the Yes campaign, which attracted 45% of the vote, and a significant percentage of No voters also believe passionately that there is no place for Trident in Scotland. This means that a clear majority of the people in Scotland want to see Trident scrapped.
The next intake of MPs to Westminster will be taking the decision in 2016 of whether to go ahead with replacing the current Trident system at a cost of £100 Billion. With spending on health, education, pensions and disability benefits being slashed we believe that squandering such a sum on nuclear weapons is immoral and unreasonable and call for Trident to be scrapped and human needs funded.
In order to demonstrate the size, strength and passion of the popular opposition to Trident, the Scrap Trident coalition intends to hold a mass public demonstration at Faslane at 12 Noon on Sunday 30 November. We would like as many people as possible to attend, particularly those people who have never attended a demonstration at Faslane before but feel that now is the time for them to make their voice heard.
We want the people of Scotland to unite and to make a call for peace that will be clearly heard by all of the political parties, both in Holyrood and Westminster.

Our message is clear -  YES or NO, Trident still has to go – NOW!

Copyright © 2014 Glasgow Stop the War Coalition, All rights reserved.
Thanks for leaving your email address to be included on our email list.