Cut War Not Welfare: Join the STUC march 18 October 2014, A Just Scotland March and Rally 18th October:10am, Glasgow Green

Keith 74

Oct 14, 2014, 3:57:20 AM10/14/14
to gs...@yahoogroups.com, g8alternat...@googlegroups.com, glasgow...@yahoogroups.com

Cut War Not Welfare:  join the STUC march 18 October 2014, Glasgow
A Just Scotland,  Muster 10am Glasgow Green, March to George Sq

View this email in your browser

Cut War Not Welfare:

 join the STUC march 18 October 2014

A Just Scotland March and Rally
18th October: Muster 10am, Glasgow Green
March from Glasgow Green 10.30am to Rally in George Sq.

Stop the War will join other peace campaigns on 18 October and hit the streets of Glasgow to say Cut War Not Welfare as part of the STUC A Just Scotland march and rally this Saturday.

We will join the march to point out the hypocrisy of imposing increasingly harsh austerity measures on ordinary people, with another £25 billion cuts in public services recently announced, while increasing the money spent on new wars and bloodshed. We believe the government should spend the money on welfare not warfare.

We will demand an end to the bombing campaign in Iraq, and protest against the British government intervening in Syria.

MARCH DETAILS

A Just Scotland March and Rally
18th October: Muster 10am Glasgow Green
March from Glasgow Green 10.30am
Rally in George Square
Creating decent work and providing dignity for those who cannot work is at the heart of the battle against austerity and tackling inequality.

As part of Challenge Poverty Week, trade union members and community activists from across Scotland are coming together in October to say, irrespective of their views on the outcome of the referendum ‘It’s time to create a Just Scotland’.

Bring your friends and families

Bring your work mates

Bring your banners …

Speakers for A Just Scotland Rally 18 October include:
Owen Jones (Author, commentator and columnist), Jeane Freeman (Women for Independence), Gordon Maloney (NUS Scotland President), Tressa Burke (Glasgow Disability Alliance), Suki Sangha (STUC Youth Committee), Grahame Smith (STUC President), Peter Kelly (The Poverty Alliance)

March Route: Glasgow Green, Saltmarket, High Street, George Street, Montrose Street, Cochrane Street, George Sq.

Visit: http://www.ajustscotland.org/events/4/18-october-march-and-rally for up to date details.

Facebook eventhttps://www.facebook.com/events/772287842814191/

Copyright © 2014 Glasgow Stop the War Coalition, All rights reserved.

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp