Have you booked for Marxism 2015 yet?

Keith 74

Feb 12, 2015, 8:57:07 AM2/12/15
to gs...@yahoogroups.com, g8alternat...@googlegroups.com, glasgow...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Have you booked for Marxism 2015 yet?
To: Marxism Information <in...@marxismfestival.org.uk>

Dear comrade

Marxism 2015: Ideas for Revolution

Special offer . . .  book early and get £5 off

Book online today www.marxismfestival.org.uk

Or call 020 7819 1190

Offer ends April 1st 2015

It is now four years since the momentous events of 2011 in the Middle East. Across the region mass movements, protests and strikes toppled brutal dictators like that of Mubarak in Egypt.

Since then regimes have attempted counter revolution, often using violence and sectarian division.  At Marxism 2015 we will explore events in the Middle East and prospects for change.

Last years festival hosted speakers from Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and Palestine.  See the links below for videos of just some of the meetings at Marxism 2014.

Egypt: the fate of the revolution

Wassim Wagdy and Moustafa Bassiouny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY8OlzOcHvg&index=18&list=PLCTKWsE4qK-rWDDnfdpILboH05LJBV7ma

Syria: Has the revolution been defeated?

Joseph Daher and Simon Assaf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBqdVfQ_Kpw&index=29&list=PLCTKWsE4qK-rWDDnfdpILboH05LJBV7ma

Islamism and the Muslim Brotherhood

Phil Marfleet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIJlqgqgSgM&index=11&list=PLCTKWsE4qK-rWDDnfdpILboH05LJBV7ma

Don’t forget Marxism Festival offers a free crèche as well as basic accommodation.

We hope you can come and be part of the discussion.

If you need more information or hard copies of publicity please get in touch with us on the details above.

Transport

In Glasgow, local people will be arranging cheap affordable transport to and from London, by train, for the event. Get in touch with the Marxism Festival office and we will put you in touch with the local network.  Email: in...@marxismfestival.org.uk

In solidarity

Marxism Team