Nae Nazis! Racist SDL not welcome in Edinburgh. Sat Aug 23, 1pm Chambers St

Keith 74

Aug 18, 2014, 4:36:49 AM8/18/14
to gs...@yahoogroups.com, g8alternat...@googlegroups.com, glasgow...@yahoogroups.com
From: uafsc...@googlemail.com
Subject: Nae Nazis! Racist SDL not welcome in Edinburgh. Sat Aug 23, 1pm Chambers St

Nae Nazis! Racist SDL not welcome in Edinburgh. Sat Aug 23, 1pm Chambers St On 23 August, the Scottish Defence League will be in Edinburgh. Previous protests by them have featured racist chanting, Nazi salutes and placards with the Golden Dawn swastika. They will be here during the middle of the world’s biggest cultural festival. It is vital that we show Festival goers and the world that in Edinburgh decent citizens outnumber these bigots. Please join the anti-racist protest. We encourage union branches, faith organisations and other campaigns to add their name to our Unity Statement (link below). Please reply if you want your organisation added. Called by UAF Edinburgh and backed by: Pat Rafferty, Regional Secretary and Jackson Cullinane, Political Officer, Unite the Union Scotland, City of Edinburgh UNISON, Midlothian TUC, John Dennis, Secretary Dumfries TUC, Berwick upon Tweed TUC, Edinburgh Stop the War, Dumfries & Galloway EIS and John McFadden, UAF Scotland. Malcolm Chisholm (MSP Labour); Sarah Boyack (MSP Labour); Mark Lazarowicz (MP Labour); Nick Gardner (Labour councillor Leith Walk); Mike Corckart (MP Lib Dems); Kenny MacAskill (MSP SNP); Marco Baigi (MSP SNP); Colin Keir (MSP SNP). Edinburgh Central Mosque, Muslim Women's Association of Edinburgh, Edinburgh Muslim Association of Britain and Women's Federation for World Peace. Saturday 23 August Assemble 1pm, Chambers Street. 1.30 March to Parliament Can you please do the following to publicise the event through whatever networks, friends etc. you can. FORWARD THIS EMAIL OR PRINT OFF LEAFLETS http://www.scribd.com/doc/236718768/Nae-Nazis SIGN UP AND SHARE THE FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE https://www.facebook.com/events/506518372826916/ SIGN UP TO THE UNITY STATEMENT http://www.scribd.com/doc/236642868/Unity-Statement-v2 Email your name to uafsc...@googlemail.com WE NEED YOU We will have leaflets to distribute, placards to make and lots to discuss at our last meeting before the demonstration, so please come along Monday 18 August 2014, 7pm at NASUWT Offices 35 Young Street North Lane, Edinburgh, EH2 4JD. Facebook: EdinburghUAF Tumblr: Edinburgh UAF Email: uafedi...@riseup.net Twitter: @UAFScot

--
uafsc...@gmail.com

UAF Scotland
c/o Strathclyde Fire Brigades Union