ANN fwrap v0.1.0

1 view

Kurt Smith

Aug 7, 2010, 8:33:39 PM8/7/10
to fwrap...@googlegroups.com, Discussion of Numerical Python, SciPy Users List, cython...@googlegroups.com
Fwrap v0.1.0
============

I am pleased to announce the first release of Fwrap v0.1.0, a utility for
wrapping Fortran code in C, Cython and Python. Fwrap focuses on supporting the
features of Fortran 90/95, but will work with most well-behaved Fortran 77
code, too.

Fwrap is BSD licensed.

Fwrap is beta-level software; all public APIs and commandline options are
subject to change.

Features in the v0.1.0 release:

* Fortran source parsing and automatic wrapper generation;

* Top-level (non-module) Fortran subroutines and functions;

* Supports all intrinsic types (integer, real, complex, logical &
character);

* Default and non-default intrinsic types properly wrapped;

* Scalar and array arguments supported;

* Supports assumed-shape, assumed-size, and explicit-shape array arguments;

* Intent 'in', 'inout', 'out' and no intent arguments supported;

* Automatic docstring generation for extension module and functions;

* Wrappers are portable w.r.t. both Fortran and C compilers.

Upcoming features:

* "Use" statement support;

* Python & Cython callback support;

* Kind-parameters in type specification;

* Module-level data and parameters;

* User-derived types.

See the README and documentation for requirements, compiler support, etc.

Download
--------

You can get fwrap from pypi or from its sourceforge download page:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fwrap/files/

More Info
---------

Project homepage, including links to wiki & bug tracker:

http://fwrap.sourceforge.net/

Mailing list:

http://groups.google.com/group/fwrap-users

Development blog:

http://fortrancython.wordpress.com/

Antony Hallam

Aug 8, 2010, 6:11:06 AM8/8/10
to Fwrap Users
I get an error for all tests which looks like,

ERROR: wrapping all_char.f90
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runtests.py", line 208, in runTest
self.runCompileTest_distutils()
File "runtests.py", line 217, in runCompileTest_distutils
__import__(self.projname)
File "all_char_fwrap.pyx", line 25, in all_char_fwrap
(all_char_fwrap.c:3504)
NameError: np

Cheers
Tony