Tutorial?

Sameer Regmi

Sep 26, 2010, 2:20:51 AM9/26/10
to Fwrap Users
Hi,

Is there any good tutorial or comprehensive documentation for
beginners in fwrap?

Sameer

Ondrej Certik

Sep 26, 2010, 10:28:09 PM9/26/10
to fwrap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sameer,

I think the best is to try to wrap these examples from the fwrap repository:

http://github.com/kwmsmith/fwrap/tree/master/examples/

And see that it works. And then ask on the list if you have a problem.

Ondrej

Kurt Smith

Sep 27, 2010, 10:27:30 AM9/27/10
to fwrap...@googlegroups.com

Yes, that's a good approach for now. Documentation (including a good
tutorial) is sorely lacking in fwrap, and I hope to remedy it after I
get a few more essential F90/95 features working. By release 0.2
there will be some documentation improvements with a good tutorial.

As of the 0.1 release fwrap won't work with many of the "essential"
Fortran 90/95 features, and it will raise an exception if you use
these features ("use" statements, kind type parameters, modules,
etc...). So if you stick to the kinds of structures that Ondrej
linked to you'll be fine, although this limits you to F77-style code
for now.

Here's a very basic tutorial-like blog post:

http://fortrancython.wordpress.com/2010/07/31/features-everywhere-and-a-basic-example/

Also, take a look at the README and other top-level documentation in the source.

Kurt

> Ondrej

Sameer Regmi

Sep 27, 2010, 12:48:54 PM9/27/10
to fwrap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ondrej, Kurt,

Thank you for the suggestions and the links.

Sameer