linking to fparser

Antony Hallam

Jun 30, 2010, 9:32:19 AM6/30/10
to Fwrap Users
Hello,

I just wanted to give fwrap a trial and I'm trying to get the tests to
run. I can't seem to get the linking right to the fparser svn clone.
How sould I be linking to the fparser directory?

Cheers
Tony

Kurt Smith

Jun 30, 2010, 9:49:44 AM6/30/10
to fwrap...@googlegroups.com

All that is necessary is to put the fparser directory somewhere in
your pythonpath, or somewhere the fwrap modules can get to it. I have
fparser somewhere on disk and then put a symbolic link to the fparser
directory inside the fwrap-dev/fwrap_src directory.

For example:

$ cd /path/to/fwrap-dev/fwrap_src
$ ln -s /path/to/fparser

Let me know if this doesn't work. Thanks for trying it out!

Kurt

> Cheers
> Tony

Antony Hallam

Jul 1, 2010, 7:26:37 AM7/1/10
to fwrap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick reply. I will have a look and get back to you as soon as I can!

Cheers
Tony
--
Regards Tony Hallam 19 Hefferan St Fairfield 4103 0407394671

Antony Hallam

Jul 5, 2010, 6:05:37 AM7/5/10
to fwrap...@googlegroups.com
Hey Kurt

It took me a while, but I've had another look at this and I still seem
to be having dependency issues.

A sample output is:

ERROR: compiling and running old_decl.f90
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runtests.py", line 268, in run
self.runTest()
File "runtests.py", line 206, in runTest
wrap([fq_fname], options)
File "/home/tony/lib/python/fwrap/alpha/fwrap/fwrap_src/main.py",
line 21, in wrap
f_ast = generate_ast(source_files)
File "/home/tony/lib/python/fwrap/alpha/fwrap/fwrap_src/main.py",
line 124, in generate_ast
import fwrap_parse
File
"/home/tony/lib/python/fwrap/alpha/fwrap/fwrap_src/fwrap_parse.py", line
4, in <module>
from nose.tools import set_trace
ImportError: No module named nose.tools

This is after 'python runtests.py'

I tried to find some documentation but there doesn't appear to be much
around.

Some details on my setup...
LinuxMint9 x64
Python 2.6.5
Numpy 1.3

I am interested in fwrap because I have a program which relies on
modules and submodules with some new classes and types. The program is
not overly large but F2PY does not seem capable of handling such
situations. Is fwrap able to properly interface with this type of
program yet?

Cheers
Tony

Kurt Smith

Jul 5, 2010, 1:47:13 PM7/5/10
to fwrap...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,

We've made a ton of changes recently, and I've not updated the front
page at fwrap.sourceforge.net yet. Kyle put in some new commandline
options that have to be integrated with the bitbucket repository, so
much of the commandline usage will be different.

Fwrap is quickly coming together for end users and so much is
changing. It will stabilize soon!

Could you give me the exact commandline invocation you're using and
the revision of fwrap? And do you have nose installed? (Fwrap uses
nose for testing).

Kurt

Antony Hallam

Jul 5, 2010, 5:47:47 PM7/5/10
to fwrap...@googlegroups.com
Hey Kurt,

I reconciled the nose and cython dependencies and I now get:

tony@orion ~/lib/python/fwrap/alpha/fwrap $ python runtests.py
Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Apr 16 2010, 13:57:41)
[GCC 4.4.3]

Not implemented: Defined_Binary_Op
Not implemented: Defined_Binary_Op
Defined_Operator not defined used by Generic_Spec
ERROR: wrapping simple_array.f90

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "runtests.py", line 207, in runTest
self.runCompileTest_distutils()
File "runtests.py", line 244, in runCompileTest_distutils
__import__(self.projname)
ImportError:
/home/tony/lib/python/fwrap/alpha/fwrap/BUILD/compile/simple_array_fwrap/simple_array_fwrap.so:
undefined symbol: _gfortran_st_write_done

ERROR: compiling and running all_complex.f90

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runtests.py", line 268, in run
self.runTest()

File "runtests.py", line 207, in runTest
self.runCompileTest_distutils()
File "runtests.py", line 244, in runCompileTest_distutils
__import__(self.projname)
ImportError:
/home/tony/lib/python/fwrap/alpha/fwrap/BUILD/run/all_complex_fwrap/all_complex_fwrap.so:
undefined symbol: _gfortran_pow_c8_i4

Ran 20 tests in 11.656s

FAILED (errors=2)

I did try the arguments on the wordpress page -fcompiler and -no-cleanup
but both of these cause the program to run 0 tests.

Cheers
Tony