waf?

mhoffman

Dec 9, 2010, 5:18:05 AM12/9/10
to Fwrap Users
Hello,

I finally came around to give fwrap a try. Now when I try the
testsuite yesterday all tests failed, because it misses fwrap/waf.
Worse, I could not reach the waf website http://code.google.com/p/waf/
yesterday. Could it be worth mentioning this requirement in the
README.txt? Is waf the cool new scons/make etc.? Have I been living
under a stone?
Now waf complains that all wscript files are unreadable. Do I need a
certain version of waf? Can someone elucidate?

Btw.: I am really looking forward to fwrap.

So long,
Max.

Kurt Smith

Dec 9, 2010, 12:49:08 PM12/9/10
to fwrap...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:18 AM, mhoffman <mjhof...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I finally came around to give fwrap a try. Now when I try the
testsuite yesterday all tests failed, because it misses fwrap/waf.
Worse, I could not reach the waf website http://code.google.com/p/waf/
yesterday. Could it be worth mentioning this requirement in the
README.txt? Is waf the cool new scons/make etc.?  Have I been living
under a stone?
Now waf complains that all wscript files are unreadable. Do I need a
certain version of waf? Can someone elucidate?

There is no guarantee that the docs are up-to-date in the latest development trunk.  Thanks for trying things out.  Yes, fwrap's build system has been moved to waf [0] (with many resulting improvements), and waf will be distributed with fwrap's releases.  Fwrap uses the latest svn trunk version of waf [1].  It's certainly worth mentioning in the README; I'll do so soon.

I'm not sure about the error -- could you paste the actual error that you're getting?

[0] http://code.google.com/p/waf/
[1] http://code.google.com/p/waf/source/checkout

Btw.: I am really looking forward to fwrap.

Thanks :-)

So long,
Max.

Max Hoffmann

Dec 9, 2010, 3:44:11 PM12/9/10
to fwrap...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

this helped a little. I checked out waf and ran

./waf-light --tools=compat15,swig,fc,compiler_fc,fc_config,fc_scan,gfortran,g95,ifort,gccdeps;
cp waf ../fwrap/fwrap

then I also needed to put fwrapper.py in my PATH. waf seems
interesting but unfortunately I am all but familiar with it. Now only
19/28 tests fail . I think all of them with

name error np

like so:
ERROR: compiling and running old_decl.f90
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runtests.py", line 146, in run
doctest.DocTestSuite(self.projname+'_doctest').run(result) #??
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/doctest.py", line 2290, in DocTestSuite
module = _normalize_module(module)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/doctest.py", line 203, in _normalize_module
return __import__(module, globals(), locals(), ["*"])
File "/data/hoffmann/src/fwrap/BUILD/run/old_decl_fwrap/old_decl_fwrap_doctest.py",
line 1, in <module>
from old_decl_fwrap import *
File "old_decl_fwrap.pyx", line 22, in build.old_decl_fwrap
(old_decl_fwrap.c:2756)
NameError: np

and sure enough on that line 22 I find np.import_array() without a
previous import statement.

Btw. I am using Ubuntu 10.10. What can I do about it?

Best,
Max.