Creating new object

Anant Vemuri

Feb 9, 2010, 6:28:36 AM2/9/10
to fw4spl-discuss
Hi,

I am creating a new data type called myData from ::fwData::Object.
Then register it with the framework by creating a bundle called
myDataReg. It seems to be working alright. But when I add a service to
this new object I create, it throws me an error as below at run-time.

launcher_0-1_nux_64_gcc4-4-1_D: /home/anant/dev/Src/fw4spl/SrcLib/core/
fwServices/include/fwServices/IService.hxx:20: boost::shared_ptr<T>
fwServices::IService::getObject() [with DATATYPE = fwData::Composite]:
Assertion `casteDdata' failed.
Aborted.

Any suggestions, what I am doing wrong or missing.

Thank you.
Anant.

Nicolas P

Feb 9, 2010, 8:36:48 AM2/9/10
to fw4spl-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

We need a bit more informations to help you. What is the concerned service ? Maybe can you give a backtrace ?

--
Nicolas

Anant Vemuri

Feb 9, 2010, 9:46:48 AM2/9/10
to fw4spl-discuss
Hi Nicolas,

I discussed a couple of things with Arnaud. Will try those things
tomorrow. If it does not work I do the back trace and send an email.

Merci!
Anant.

On Feb 9, 9:36 pm, Nicolas P <nicola...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We need a bit more informations to help you. What is the concerned service ?
> Maybe can you give a backtrace ?
>
> --
> Nicolas

Anant Vemuri

Feb 9, 2010, 7:35:47 PM2/9/10
to fw4spl-discuss
Hi people,

I realized that on one of the event handlers I had on the service, I
was trying to get access to the composite. Initially I was testing it
on the composite so tried to get the composite object. I changed that
part and it works perfectly.

Thank you.

Anant.