March meeting

Carl Forde

Mar 8, 2011, 2:58:33 AM3/8/11
to fv...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. Almost time for our March meeting this Thursday at 7:30pm at the Mr. Mikes on Luckakuck in Chilliwack.
Bring your stories, how are you using Linux, what would you like to do?
See you there.

Carl Forde

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
— William Shakespeare, "Measure for Measure", Act 1 scene 4

Nicholas Aultman

Mar 8, 2011, 6:49:33 PM3/8/11
to fv...@googlegroups.com
Hello Carl,

It would seem that the forces that be seem determined to keep me from meeting you!

My car brakes just failed today, and it'll be awhile before they can be fixed.

Hopefully nothing will prevent me from coming next month, but who knows.

God bless,

Nicholas A

Wim Kerkhoff

Mar 9, 2011, 1:15:56 AM3/9/11
to Fraser Valley Linux Users Group
I can't make it either...

I propose: we reschedule from 7:30pm to 12:00pm and call it a working
lunch :-)

Linux story of the day: trying to convince a customer that maybe it's
time to upgrade their servers (16+) from Debian Sarge to Squeeze...

Wim

Carl Forde

Mar 9, 2011, 1:34:19 AM3/9/11
to fv...@googlegroups.com
Nicholas, sorry you can't make it. I hope your failing brakes didn't cause you any anxious moments, or worse.
Maybe Apr. 14th will be better...

Carl Forde

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
— William Shakespeare, "Measure for Measure", Act 1 scene 4

Carl Forde

Mar 9, 2011, 1:38:30 AM3/9/11
to fv...@googlegroups.com
Wim, sorry you can't make it.
Maybe Apr. 14th....

Sarge to Squeeze is quite a jump. Maybe introduce him to the concept of technical debt...

Carl Forde

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
— William Shakespeare, "Measure for Measure", Act 1 scene 4

Nicholas Aultman

Mar 9, 2011, 2:32:44 AM3/9/11
to fv...@googlegroups.com
My brakes (thankfully) failed just as I was pulling out of the driveway on a very quiet street.  Quite possibly the ideal place for it to happen in many ways.  Other than the expense of replacing them plus the added nuisance of not having the use of my car for awhile, there was no other negative side-effect to the incident.

Many thanks for your concern though :)

Nicholas A