Issue 63 in fuxi: N3 logic rules

fu...@googlecode.com

Feb 17, 2015, 4:41:07 AM2/17/15
to fuxi-di...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 63 by jouni.tu...@gmail.com: N3 logic rules
https://code.google.com/p/fuxi/issues/detail?id=63

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Run FuXi from command-line as follows: "FuXi --naive --ruleFacts
--rules=http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=abzeyyHh"

The N3 document passed as --rules contains the following rules:

# RDF Semantics, rule rdfs7, http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-mt/#rdfs-entailment
{ ?p rdfs:subPropertyOf ?q . ?x ?p ?y } => { ?x ?q ?y } .

# OWL Semantics, rule prp-trp,
http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-profiles/#Reasoning_in_OWL_2_RL_and_RDF_Graphs_using_Rules
{ ?p a owl:TransitiveProperty . ?x ?p ?y . ?y ?p ?z } => { ?x ?p ?z } .

and the following facts:

:partOf a owl:TransitiveProperty ;
rdfs:subPropertyOf :overlaps .

:Brooklyn :overlaps :NewYork .

:NewYork :overlaps :Bronx .

Resulting inferred triple(s):

:Brooklyn :overlaps :Bronx .

To my understanding that triple should not be inferred.

I am using FuXi 1.4.1, installed via pip with the instructions on this page:
https://code.google.com/p/fuxi/wiki/Installation_Testing

I had to add option "--naive" to the command-line in the Forward-chaining
Simple Example in the Tutorial to get the output:
https://code.google.com/p/fuxi/wiki/Tutorial

issue notifications to this address.