[TestCase] Please read this example "Test Case Request"

1 view

AJ ONeal

Jul 21, 2010, 11:31:37 AM7/21/10
to futures-j...@googlegroups.com
Dear soon-to-be-contributor(s),

The best way to get your bugs and feature requests fulfilled quickly is to send me a failing test case with comments:

// Tests that methodName does medium description in expected way
JSUnit.addTest("Futures.methodName() - Brief description", function () {
    var that = this,;
    testStatus = false;

    // Join to promises
    Futures.join(Futures.promise('Hello'),Futures.promise('World'))
        .when(function (hello, world) {

            // sometimes strings come back as typeof Object rather than string, hence the toString()
            if ("Hello World" === hello.toString() + ' ' + world.toString()) {
                // expected to get the strings back in order
                testStatus = true;
            }
            that.complete(testStatus);
        });
});

Feel free to use a methodName that is non-existant (feature request) or that is on the list, but not implemented or, or a bug fix, or anything that you feel isn't as it should be or as great as it could be.

To submit a test case via email

Subject: [TestCase] short description here

Then in the body of the message include test cases I can copy/paste into test.html, which should look like this:

To submit a test case via github (preferred)

Visit the project page and click Fork (you will need a github account)

my-favorite-editor ./test.html && season-to-taste
git add test.html
git commit -m "added test case X"
git push origin master

Visit your page and click 'Pull Request' to send me the update. I'll will modify the code such that it passes the test.

About JaysyncUnit

JaysyncUnit is very young and underdeveloped - but it does one thing that other testing frameworks don't - It tests asynchronous code! Qunit of jQuery does that to... but not really...

And that's about all it does... but it's been good enough for me. My tests complete in 2 seconds rather than 15.

AJ ONeal