General questions

Tauren Mills

Jul 14, 2010, 3:25:28 PM7/14/10
to FuturesJS
I just discovered this project while doing some research on a
StackOverflow question I just posted:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3249646/client-side-javascript-to-support-promises-futures-etc

FutureJS looks good, but I haven't tried it out yet. My concern is
that a lot of progress seems to being made in CommonJS and I'll
probably be using node.js on the server side soon. So naturally it
would be best if there is a way to use CommonJS promises on the client-
side as well.

I'd be very interested in any experiences you have had with any of the
existing solutions and how the FutureJS solution compares.

Thanks!
Tauren

AJ ONeal

Jul 14, 2010, 6:39:43 PM7/14/10
to futures-j...@googlegroups.com
It looks like CommonJS doesn't yet have a standard for promises: http://wiki.commonjs.org/wiki/Promises

Once they get things standardized, I'll be happy to change the method names I provide to match the method names they choose and extend functionality.

Try out FuturesJS and see what you think. If you run into any issues post them to the list and I'll try to fix them same-day. The library is fairly simple so it's easy enough for me to bug fix.

I'll keep on eye on CommonJS.

BTW, my implementation started out being built on top of Crockford's.

AJ ONeal