news

Barbara Dieu

Jun 16, 2010, 1:41:53 PM6/16/10
to futureof...@googlegroups.com
Dear FLNWers,

Unfortunately,  I have not managed to secure sponsorship for the people interested in participating in the event.
While Vivo Institute did accept to fund Teemu, Stephen and George and invitations were sent, the Institute's change in plans, re-scheduling their event twice (from July to beginning August and now to mid-September) makes it impossible for me to organize something around it. As none of them can be here in September either, this also closes the opportunity to have it done in two parts. Although the Brazilian Association of Distance Education has kindly offered to help through Giancarlo Colombo, we had too little time to reach out to possible sponsors and organize it properly.

Michael Coghlan and Vance Stevens are coming for the Braztesol event taking place mid-July (see http://flnw.wikispaces.com/schedule) so we are planning the itinerary/whom to meet according to their availability and schedule and will take it informally from there.

Warm regards from Brazil,
Bee

P.S. - I have just been accepted to design and facilitate a matrix course for P2PU (Peer to Peer University) http://p2pu.org in August. All help and advice are more than welcome.

--
Barbara Dieu
http://barbaradieu.com

alexanderhayes

Jun 16, 2010, 11:36:20 PM6/16/10
to The Future of Learning in a Networked World
Hi Bee,

It's a tricky balance isnt it.

As for my best intentions it seems that my Phd program is also going
to preclude me being there however...

What we'd like to offer is a video portfolio connection that runs
automagically in Moodle & Mahara on cloud hosted points.

Would you be interested in pointing a web cam occasionally at things
of interest ?

We can organise logins for whom ever wants to test our connections :)
- http://www.edupov.com/vportfolios/

Great to hear from you.

ps. have you got that bus booked yet ?

On Jun 17, 3:41 am, Barbara Dieu <beeonl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear FLNWers,
>
> Unfortunately,  I have not managed to secure sponsorship for the people
> interested in participating in the event.
> While Vivo Institute did accept to fund Teemu, Stephen and George and
> invitations were sent, the Institute's change in plans, re-scheduling their
> event twice (from July to beginning August and now to mid-September) makes
> it impossible for me to organize something around it. As none of them can be
> here in September either, this also closes the opportunity to have it done
> in two parts. Although the Brazilian Association of Distance Education has
> kindly offered to help through Giancarlo Colombo, we had too little time to
> reach out to possible sponsors and organize it properly.
>
> Michael Coghlan and Vance Stevens are coming for the Braztesol event taking
> place mid-July (seehttp://flnw.wikispaces.com/schedule) so we are planning
> the itinerary/whom to meet according to their availability and schedule and
> will take it informally from there.
>
> Warm regards from Brazil,
> Bee
>
> P.S. - I have just been accepted to design and facilitate a matrix course
> for P2PU (Peer to Peer University)http://p2pu.orgin August. All help and

Vance Stevens

Jul 16, 2010, 6:18:28 AM7/16/10
to futureof...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

This is just to let you know that the FLNW10 bandwagon has started rolling in Buenos Aires, where Michael Coghlan and I have been cavorting with Webheads.  I've tagged a few photos and videos FLNW10 and put them here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vancestevens/

and Michael's interesting images are here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikecogh/

We're about to fly to Sao Paulo where Bee is set to pick us up and whisk us into the countryside where we'll be discussing the immediate future: our presentations coming up at BrazTESOL.

More from there later,
Vance

Vance Stevens
http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com