Network Fatigue

johnenz

Sep 2, 2009, 4:52:11 AM9/2/09
to The Future of Learning in a Networked World
Well, I don't know where Alex is. We have failed to meet up in town. I
have no channels of communication.

Ubiquitous access - do we want and need? CCTV and live streaming Alex
POV cam. A navigatable geo-web with compass and gps. Digital object
tagging in the real world. Heaps of Location Based Services. Live data
driving innovation and understanding

Last night Alex and I stayed up talking. Laughed that with a large
empty house by the beach, a fire, a moon, stars and a stereo - not to
mention wifi access we could have a party. The house is empty

And what of the future of learning in a networked world, what is the
vision? And do we need a strategy?

John Eyles

Sep 2, 2009, 5:32:33 AM9/2/09
to The Future of Learning in a Networked World

Derek Chirnside

Sep 2, 2009, 5:57:56 AM9/2/09
to futureof...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure this is network fatigue.  They say:

Just a few weeks ago, we started the process of phasing out regional networks, since they did not adequately reflect a world where people choose exactly the audience with whom they wish to share. Regional networks made sense for those who wanted to be more open when Facebook was small, but they lost their utility as the site became global.

John:  I'm interested in your comment:

Live data driving innovation and understanding

And your question:

And what of the future of learning in a networked world,  what is the
vision? And do we need a strategy?

Vision and strategy hints of some things that networked living and networks just isn't.

I guess Alex will be found when he wants to be found.

alexanderhayes

Sep 2, 2009, 11:29:30 PM9/2/09
to The Future of Learning in a Networked World
I'm found !

Paying my way around for wireless at $6 a day.

No welcoming free wireless connection evident in airport however my
$70 taxi ride proved more informational than anything I could find in
Starbucks.

Luckily Brent Simpson ( Pedagogy of the Compressed) managed to
recognise me, avail me of organic sourdough pizza, sulfuric Tui beer
and a ride over the hill to the SL surrealityn of John's house.

Tommorow is the big day in.

Will post more connections as they come to hand.