java.library.path LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Duncan

Jul 6, 2011, 12:57:15 AM7/6/11
to FusionReactor
Hi Folks,

I have Googled and searched for a couple of hours now, and although I
have done this before (about a year ago) I don't remember how it was
done!

I am on CentOS 5.6 / ColdFusion 8.0.1 Enterprise and doing the manual
install via RPM for FR 3.5.5

I am stuck at the point of adding the /opt/fusionreactor/etc/lib to
the java.library.path or LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

How is this done on CF8 Enterprise? Where does LD_LIBRARY_PATH exist,
and therefore where can it be set?

Thanks!

David Stockton

Jul 6, 2011, 4:39:43 AM7/6/11
to FusionReactor
Hello Duncan,

There are three options for including the native library:

1. Add to java.library.path JVM argument
2. Add to LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable
3. Copy library file to within a path that already exists within the
library path

The java.library.path is defined in the jvm.config file and contains
paths delimited by the "," character.

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is an environment variable which can be set one-
time by using a command such as "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/
fusionreactor/etc/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}". Alternatively, on RedHat
based distributions (which CentOS is) you can also configure
permanently for all users in the "/etc/ld.so.conf.d/local.conf" file.

Finally, an alternative is to copy the appropriate library file for
your system (libFusionReactor.so / libFusionReactor-linux-x86_64.so)
to a folder already within the library path (eg /opt/jrun4/bin)

Best regards,
David Stockton
Fusion Support Team

Duncan

Jul 6, 2011, 6:53:12 AM7/6/11
to FusionReactor
Thanks for the lead David, I found that on the older machine I have a
file at /etc/ld.conf.d./fusionreactor.conf containing the path in
question.

[root@fmrc01-srv01 ~]# cd /etc/ld.so.conf.d
[root@fmrc01-srv01 ld.so.conf.d]# vi fusionreactor.conf
/opt/fusionreactor/etc/lib

I have added the same file on the new machine, and did a full server
restart, but that didnt seem to work.

--

I have now also copied the .so file to /opt/jrun4/jre/lib/

and did a chown on it chown cfuser /opt/jrun4/jre/lib/
libFusionReactor-linux-x86_64.so

We now have FR running!

Thanks

Duncan