FusionReactor install problems linux

Richard Bessey

May 27, 2008, 6:30:19 PM5/27/08
to FusionReactor
All,
1st off, what an awesome group and a wealth of information.

2nd, I am trying to get fusion reactor installed on a linux server and
having trouble. I keep getting an error when trying to access the URL.
I bring up port 8088 and get a blank page. I do a tail on the
coldfusion7 server log and it spits out this:

java.lang.AssertionError: java.security.KeyStoreException:
Uninitialized
keystore
at com.intergral.lm.tlc.B.G(Unknown Source)
at com.intergral.lm.tlc.B.F(Unknown Source)
at com.intergral.lm.tlc.B.D(Unknown Source)
at com.intergral.lm.tlc.I.K(Unknown Source)
at com.intergral.lm.tlc.ftp.B.T(Unknown Source)
at com.intergral.lm.tlc.I.G(Unknown Source)
at com.intergral.fusionreactor.H.H.g(Unknown Source)
at com.intergral.fusionreactor.L.E.A.B(Unknown Source)
at com.intergral.fusionreactor.L.E.A.D(Unknown Source)
at com.intergral.fusionreactor.L.E.A.I(Unknown Source)
at com.intergral.fusionreactor.N.A.E(Unknown Source)
at com.intergral.fusionreactor.N.D.run(Unknown Source)
at com.intergral.fusionreactor.L.D.B$_B.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.security.KeyStoreException: Uninitialized keystore
at java.security.KeyStore.getKey(KeyStore.java:287)
... 13 more

Now, after some googeling I found this regarding windows servers:
http://fusion-debug.com/support/kb/FRS-99.cfm
and I find a very similar folder setup on linux at:
/etc/.java/.systemPrefs/com/intergral/fusionreactor/license

I have tried everything I chan think of so java can write to that
directory and write out its license file. I have tried chmod'ing 777,
chowning to various user accounts, deleting/removing the directory,
anything I can think of to no avail.
Is there a trick or something I am missing to get this successfully
installed?

Regards,

Richard Bessey

Bernd Donath [FusionReactor Team]

May 28, 2008, 4:23:43 AM5/28/08
to FusionReactor
Hi Richard,

Which Linux and which JVM do you use? The JVM must provide the Java
Cryptography Extension (see http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/security).

It looks like the public keystore 'puks.dat' which is in the
fusionreactor.jar file can not be read by the FusionReactor license
manager.

Could you please check the MD5 hash sums of this file? The correct
value is '4430F188B45995BCEB12A639CE814B44'.

Have you tried if cleaning up the content of the Java System
Preferences backing store helps?
See also http://fusion-debug.com/support/kb/FRS-198.cfm for additional
information.

Regards,
Bernd

Richard Bessey

May 28, 2008, 12:46:05 PM5/28/08
to FusionReactor
Bernd,
Thank you so much for your reply. I tried to answer your question as
best I can.

I am honestly not sure which JVM I am using, how would I find out?
When I run:
rpm -qa | grep java
I get
java-1.4.2
If you can clue me on on how to find what JVM I have, I would greatly
appreciate. I did just a default ColdFusion7 install, nothing special.

I checked, and the fusionreactor.jar file has 777 rights to it. While
we are on the subject of fusionreactor.jar, I currently have it in in
three locations:
/opt/coldfusionmx7/wwwroot/WEB-INF/lib/fusionreactor.jar
/opt/coldfusionmx7/lib/fusionreactor.jar
/opt/fusionreactor/etc/lib/fusionreactor.jar
I am not 100% sure if I need them in all three locations or not.
Regardless, all of them are owned by apache:apache and have 777
rights. I run a "locate puks.dat" and find nothing, I am assuming this
is because its inside the fusionreactor.jar, is that correct?

I checked the md5 of the fusionreactor.jar file and it seems to be
correct:
md5sum fusionreactor.jar
4430f188b45995bceb12a639ce814b44 fusionreactor.jar

I will look into cleaning up the content of the Java System
Preferences backing store and report back if I have any success with
it.

Regards,

Richard Bessey

On May 28, 1:23 am, "Bernd Donath [FusionReactor Team]"
<bernd_don...@intergral.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Which Linux and which JVM do you use? The JVM must provide the Java
> Cryptography Extension (seehttp://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/security).
>
> It looks like the public keystore 'puks.dat' which is in the
> fusionreactor.jar file can not be read by the FusionReactor license
> manager.
>
> Could you please check the MD5 hash sums of this file? The correct
> value is '4430F188B45995BCEB12A639CE814B44'.
>
> Have you tried if cleaning up the content of the Java System
> Preferences backing store helps?
> See alsohttp://fusion-debug.com/support/kb/FRS-198.cfmfor additional

Richard Bessey

May 28, 2008, 12:59:55 PM5/28/08
to FusionReactor
Bernd,
OK, I just looked at the section for clearing the backing store, and I
believe I have already tried this to no avail, but to make absolute
sure I ran:
rm -rf /etc/.java/.systemPrefs/com/intergral/fusionreactor
and I will restart coldfusion tonight and see how it goes and report
back on my results.

Regards,

Richard Bessey

On May 28, 1:23 am, "Bernd Donath [FusionReactor Team]"
<bernd_don...@intergral.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Which Linux and which JVM do you use? The JVM must provide the Java
> Cryptography Extension (seehttp://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/security).
>
> It looks like the public keystore 'puks.dat' which is in the
> fusionreactor.jar file can not be read by the FusionReactor license
> manager.
>
> Could you please check the MD5 hash sums of this file? The correct
> value is '4430F188B45995BCEB12A639CE814B44'.
>
> Have you tried if cleaning up the content of the Java System
> Preferences backing store helps?
> See alsohttp://fusion-debug.com/support/kb/FRS-198.cfmfor additional

Richard Bessey

May 29, 2008, 1:16:38 AM5/29/08
to FusionReactor
Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get this installed? I just
tried all of Bernd suggestions with no luck.

Thoughts anyone?

Regards,

Richard Bessey

Bernd Donath [FusionReactor Team]

May 29, 2008, 5:59:34 AM5/29/08
to FusionReactor
Hi Richard,

to check what JVM your CF server uses simply open the CFIDE
Administrator System Information page.
The JVM is configured in the java.home property in the file /opt/
coldfusionmx7/runtime/bin/jvm.config.
To get the version of this (default) JVM from the command line enter

/opt/coldfusionmx7/runtime/jre/bin/java -version

The fusionreactor.jar file must only be in the location

/opt/coldfusionmx7/runtime/servers/coldfusion/SERVER-INF/lib/
fusionreactor.jar

Please remove the ones in

/opt/coldfusionmx7/wwwroot/WEB-INF/lib/fusionreactor.jar
/opt/coldfusionmx7/lib/fusionreactor.jar

but do keep the one in

/opt/fusionreactor/etc/lib

because this one is used by the FusionReactor Instance Manager.

I guess you did a manual installation. Please read the Installation
Guide available at
http://www.fusion-reactor.com/fr/helpdocs/installation_guide.pdf. It
provides you with the details on how to perform a manual installation.
If you do have access to X on your machine I recommend to use the
Setup Wizard because it takes care of setting the appropriate
permissions of files and also the backingstore configuration.

Last but not least: if you have removed the backing store by entering
the command

rm -rf /etc/.java/.systemPrefs/com/intergral/fusionreactor

you do have to create it again

mkdir -m 777 /etc/.java/.systemPrefs

before you start the server again.

Let me know if this helped
Bernd

Richard Bessey

May 29, 2008, 11:44:47 AM5/29/08
to FusionReactor
Bernd,
Thank you so much for your feedback.

To determine the version of java I ran the command you suggested:
/opt/coldfusionmx7/runtime/jre/bin/java -version
java version "1.4.2_09"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_09-b05)

I removed the two jar files located at:
/opt/coldfusionmx7/wwwroot/WEB-INF/lib/fusionreactor.jar
/opt/coldfusionmx7/lib/fusionreactor.jar

But I do not have the folder you suggested the jar file needed to be:
ls /opt/coldfusionmx7/runtime/servers/coldfusion/SERVER-INF/lib/
ls: /opt/coldfusionmx7/runtime/servers/coldfusion/SERVER-INF/lib/: No
such file or directory
SO I created the folder
mkdir /opt/coldfusionmx7/runtime/servers/coldfusion/SERVER-INF/lib/
and then copied the jar file over
cp /opt/fusionreactor/etc/lib/fusionreactor.jar /opt/coldfusionmx7/
runtime/servers/coldfusion/SERVER-INF/lib/
and finally changed the permissions of the lib folder to match the
other folders
chown -R apache:root /opt/coldfusionmx7/runtime/servers/coldfusion/
SERVER-INF/lib/

Yes, I did a manual install becuase all I have is ssh access to this
server (Its remote) and it does not have X installed, and they do not
have any plans to install X on it. So I have to do the manual install.
I have been following the manual install you provided to a T with no
love. In fact I have re-tried several times to get it installed
following the instructions to a T. As you have mentioned, it looks
like I made a mistake in the location of the .jar file.

I restarted coldfuion last night with your suggestions with no luck, I
still got the same error. So I just ran this again:
rm -rf /etc/.java/.systemPrefs/com/intergral/fusionreactor
and then got an error when creating the folder you suggested:
mkdir -m 777 /etc/.java/.systemPrefs
mkdir: cannot create directory `/etc/.java/.systemPrefs': File exists
So I removed the .systemPrefs folder
rm -rf /etc/.java/.systemPrefs/
And then I was able to run the command you suggested
mkdir -m 777 /etc/.java/.systemPrefs

and finally, SUCCESS!!! I got fusion reactor to come up in my browser
and was able to login and change the password. Only problem is now
with all the problems I have been having I only have 10 days left of
my trial period.

Thank you so much Bernd for your help getting this working.

Regards,

Richard Bessey

Bernd Donath [FusionReactor Team]

May 30, 2008, 5:25:28 AM5/30/08
to FusionReactor
Hi Richard,

Good to hear that you solved the problem. The 10 days is the default
lenght of the trial. If you think you need more time for your
evaluation then feel free to request a new trial license key from
sup...@fusion-reactor.com.

Best regards,
Bernd