Do I need to upgrade to version 7 before going to 8? Currently have version 6 installed on our servers.

Jacob Feuerbach

Apr 10, 2019, 3:27:59 PM4/10/19
to FusionReactor
Question in the subject :)

charli...@carehart.org

Apr 10, 2019, 3:30:24 PM4/10/19
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Jacob, I'm almost positive that I have helped someone go from 6 to 8, yes. Perhaps someone from Integral will confirm tonight or tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure you're safe.

Of course, the best scenario would be if you had a dev/test setup to try on first, but I gather you do not. :-)

/charlie

Apr 11, 2019, 2:57:15 AM4/11/19
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jacob,

Yes, you can easily upgrade from FR 5, 6 or 7 to FR 8 by simply replacing the jar (and native libraries) or using the installer and Instance Manager.

There are no know issues when upgrading and all configuration settings are kept or migrated automatically.

Kind Regards,
Neil
--

Neil Wightman
Senior Software Engineer and Product Owner for FusionReactor

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail from your system. This e-mail has been scanned for malicious content but the internet is inherently insecure and Intergral GmbH cannot accept any liability for the integrity of this message or its attachments.

Intergral GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Location of the Business: Böblingen - Germany
Registergericht/Registration Office: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,  HRB 4591
Geschäftsführer/Directors: David Tattersall, Darren Pywell

Jacob Feuerbach

Apr 12, 2019, 2:19:31 AM4/12/19
to FusionReactor
Hi Jacob,

Can you please send the instance manager log to sup...@fusion-reactor.com.

Before you do this can you please attempt to start the installed server that previously showed the error.

You can find this log file at {FusionReactor Directory}/instance/FRAM/log/{timestamp}/instance_manager.log.

Regards,
Michael Flewitt
Fusion Support Engineer

Jacob Feuerbach

Apr 12, 2019, 10:14:38 AM4/12/19
to FusionReactor
I tried starting the instance again and checked the log directory.  That file "instance_manager.log" does not exist.  I emailed a screenshot to the support email.

Thanks
Jacob

Jacob Feuerbach

Apr 12, 2019, 10:31:19 PM4/12/19
to FusionReactor

I was able to delete the instance that existed from the version 6 installation and created a new one.  It worked fine on both servers.

Thanks

Jacob