Automatic registration leaves many "offline" machines in cloud control panel

Tom Chiverton

Aug 24, 2018, 4:21:02 AM8/24/18
to FusionReactor
We're moving a chunk of servers to Docker, managed with Amazon's Elastic Load Balancer.

This means we've got something like

    ENV LUCEE_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m -javaagent:/opt/fusionreactor/fusionreactor.jar=name=tomcat-fr,address=8088 -agentpath:/opt/fusionreactor/libfrjvmti_x64.so -Dfrlicenseservice.deactivateOnShutdown=true -Dfrlicense=... -Dfr.cloud.group=beanstalk-eecloud"

in the Dockerfile.

This works great, and new instances appear in the FR cloud control panel all by themselves.

But, as instances are removed by the ELB, it seems to leave "offline" servers behind in the group. We now have about 50 of these, which is just slightly over our licence count :)

Should I be setting frshutdownaction (even though I'm not using frregisterwith ? Maybe
frlicenseservice.leasetime.hint ?

Fusion Team

Aug 24, 2018, 5:13:52 AM8/24/18
to FusionReactor
Hi Tom,

Firstly don't worry about your license count, we only care about online servers pushing data, offline servers don't count towards your instance count :)

Secondly, inside FusionReactor Cloud UI settings you can select the option to automatically hide servers that have been offline for a certain period of time, this will help to keep your UI clear of these servers but still allow you to access their data if required.

The setting can be found here: https://app.fusionreactor.io/profile/ui and is referred to as "Offline exclusion'

Hope this helps,

Regards,

James

--
James Pepper
Team Lead & Product Owner - FusionReactor Cloud

www.intergral.com • www.fusion-reactor.com
• www.fusionreactor.io

Intergral GmbH • Schickardstr 32 • D-71034 Böblingen • Germany
Geschäftsführer/Directors: David Tattersall, Darren Pywell
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registration District: Böblingen - Germany

Fusion Team

Aug 24, 2018, 5:24:31 AM8/24/18
to FusionReactor
Tom,

I should also have said, that if the lowest current period of 24 hours is still too much and you would like a smaller one, then please let me know and I will look to add it to the available options.

Regards,

James

--
James Pepper
Team Lead & Product Owner - FusionReactor Cloud

Tom Chiverton

Aug 24, 2018, 9:36:34 AM8/24/18
to FusionReactor
Cheers for both messages James - very clear.

Learning to live with server's that are cattle rather than pets is "fun" :)