Debug java code?

jamesmuso

Oct 29, 2012, 11:47:08 AM10/29/12
to fusio...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm looking for a CF debugger that will allow me to debug cfm and cfc pages, but also java code in the same debug session.

We use CF9 but are also making calls to Java objects from our cfm and cfc pages.

I currently use a combination of a standard remote java debugger, and also the CF debugger for eclipse for the CF pages. BUT... I can't connect both at once, so I'm hoping that FusionDebug could be the solution that I'm looking for.

Does anyone know if FusionDebug supports this?

Darren Pywell [FusionDebug Team]

Nov 1, 2012, 6:39:05 PM11/1/12
to fusio...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Unfortunately FusionDebug doesn't support debugging both CF and Java code. It is something that we considered but there has been little demand for both CF and Java debugging together and so we haven't built this into the product. You solution to switch from FD to the Java debugger is probably the best. It's not possible to connect two debuggers to the same socket for remote debugger which is what's preventing you for debugging the way that you describe.

Sorry the news isn't better...

Kind Regards,
Darren