Breakpoints not firing with Railo on Windows 7

Kevin Roy

Jul 17, 2013, 10:23:15 AM7/17/13
to fusio...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I only have a few days left from my trial and haven't been able to pause the application on my breakpoints.

I'm using Eclipse 3.5.1, Railo 3.3.4 and your latest version of Fusion Debug.

1. I can connect to the FusionDebug server on port 8000
2. I can right click in the breakpoint tab and see "breakpoint proreties" with the Fusion Debug logo, so I know it's associated to the Fusion Debug debugger.
3. I tried right clicking on the code and adding a breakpoint & right clicking on the line numbers and setting a breakpoint.

The strange thing is when I have an error in my code, it will stop there and I can do line by line debugging after this happens. Only my manually placed breakpoints don't fire.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Thanks

David Stockton

Jul 17, 2013, 10:25:57 AM7/17/13
to fusio...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kevin,

Some lines can't trigger a breakpoint because of the way the Java bytecode is created. Ensure there's some CFML code on the line and perhaps verify your installation is working correctly using a simplified CFML page which contains no usage of other files (eg application.cfm/.cfc) and just does a simple loop & output. This will tell you if your installation is working & connected to Railo aswell as your source code lookups are configured properly.

Best regards,
David Stockton
Fusion Team