Breakpoint in CFC Issues

JPotts

Jan 6, 2012, 3:37:49 PM1/6/12
to FusionDebug
Hi,

Has anyone else ran into trouble using break points in only some
CFC's? I was attempting to set break points in a specific function of
a CFC, and could not get the debugger to trigger when running code
that called that function. However, I called another function in the
same CFC, and for some reason, the breakpoints got triggered. The
function that triggered the break points is around 30 lines before
where I actually set the break points.

Anyone have any insight into this problem?

Thanks!

- Justin

charlie arehart

Jan 6, 2012, 5:45:13 PM1/6/12
to fusio...@googlegroups.com
Justin, there are occasions when any of the CFML debugging tools can have a
problem whereby things can get out of whack like that. Sometimes a simple
trick is to make a change and save the file, so as to force a recompile
(assuming you don't have "trusted cache" enabled in the CF server). See if
that may work.

See also this technote:

"Why don't my breakpoints fire?"
http://www.fusion-debug.com/support/kb/FDS-4.cfm

BTW, if one may wonder "how would I have found that", there is a support
page for FusionDebug (http://www.fusion-debug.com/fd/support.cfm) and on it
this is listed as one of the "hot issues" (simply because it is among the
few things that can go wrong with FD). But then too there is a "search"
feature that can be used to find such technotes (and indeed discussions like
this one here).

Hope that helps.

/charlie