Delay in FusionAnalytics Dashboard

Michael Carroll

Feb 18, 2015, 8:39:40 AM2/18/15
to fusiona...@googlegroups.com
I'm noticing that there is usually a delay between when the log file is imported into FusionAnalytics and when the FA dashboard will show the requests for the hour or past few hours.  I know that there is traffic and requests on the server but filtering by the hour will show no rows in the "Table of Requests".  Sometimes I can go to the FA server and restart the service and this fixes it, other times it doesn't.  I'll come into FA the next day and then the timespan I was looking for will have the request data now.

Are there any jobs or services within FA that I can run to get around this issue?  Any help would be great.  Thanks.

Bernd Donath [FusionReactor Team]

Feb 18, 2015, 11:46:55 AM2/18/15
to fusiona...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

FA applications do periodically execute a couple of jobs to (not only) further process imported log data. These jobs are defined in the applications DCML file and displayed under the Data Management section of the Application Detail page. By default the Update Request Status job is executed every 10 minutes and does process incoming request.log files which results in data stored in the REQUEST table of your FA database. The job consumes this data and as a result creates new data in the REQUEST_STATUS, REQUEST_AMF, REQUEST_PARAMS and REQUEST_URL tables which are the ones that are queried by most of the reports in FA.
You can also manually start a job by clicking on the Execute Now button. And you can change how often a job is executed by clicking on the Job Detail button and altering the cron pattern. However, you have to keep in mind that this can have a negative effect on the performance of your system.
To get a better feeling how things are going it can be very helpful to observer/tail the FADC log file (typically located at C:\FusionAnalytics\Server\logs\fusionanalytics-datacollector.log)

Regards,
Bernd

Michael Carroll

Mar 5, 2015, 7:42:30 AM3/5/15
to fusiona...@googlegroups.com
Excellent feedback, that's exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
Mike