printing reports / scheduling emailing of report

Mike Henke

Oct 21, 2011, 10:30:40 AM10/21/11
to FusionAnalytics
I see the reporting as a key to "selling" fa here to my boss and his
boss. Is there an export/print option for the TAP and Daily Status
report into pdf, word, excel? Or way to schedule the reports to be
emailed to a group of people daily/weekly?

Thanks

Charlie Arehart

Oct 21, 2011, 11:01:49 AM10/21/11
to fusiona...@googlegroups.com
Good news for you on both fronts, Mike.

First, any view in FA can be printed/exported to PDF. In the menu (to line),
see the "Tabs" menu, which offers both options.

Second, as for emailing the daily reports to managers, they (and that
ability) would indeed be key selling features, and it is already built-in.
You just need to define a user for them (in FADS) and then list that user in
a parameter of the report (also done in the FADS admin).

This is covered in the docs in a couple of places, and also in that video
that David mentioned and which I highlighted yesterday (at 6:20 minutes into
the 8 minute video. Note there is a navigational toolbar for the video on
the left. Choose "Setup Email Server Configuration"). Like I said
yesterday, everyone ought to watch that video. You may be amazed how much
you learn in just those 8 minutes. :-) I certainly did. Thanks to David
Stockton (of Intergral) who did it.

But as for the docs, there's a section of the same name in the Quick Start
Guide, and then there is a section on these related feature in the User
Guide. If it weren't for the temporary unavailability of the online docs
I'd offer direct links, but if you grabbed that PDF Darren offered yesterday
as an alternative, you'll find them both in there.

Let us know if that helps, Mike.

/charlie