"Recommendations for Improvement" in TAP report

Mike Henke

Oct 26, 2011, 10:31:53 AM10/26/11
to FusionAnalytics
My expectations for "recommendations for improvements" was pretty
high. I was hoping for "really" actionable recommendations like paste
this code in your jvm.config, these queries need performance tuning or
these queries are the same results and could be cached, or change this
setting in your ColdFusion Admin.

Is this possible?

Here is a current example:

How to improve your overall score:

Increasing impressions by 10% to 838
Keeping sessions at 1
Decreasing execution time by 10% to 162

Your TAP Score will increase to 7.3 (Grade A)

David Stockton

Oct 26, 2011, 10:38:23 AM10/26/11
to fusiona...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mike,

Thank you for the feedback. This is the end-goal of this area and we have several tickets in our system with notes on this. However, as I'm sure you can appreciate there's many hurdles in getting to this end-goal.
In alpha versions we did have some recommendations along these lines but we backed that out in favour of some more generic text as the reliability of those recommendations weren't full proof.

One more reason was it's unlikely your traffic & performance the next day would be the same, as such if we had a recommendation such as "Do X and your score will be Y" is unlikely to ever be visible - as other variables will change such as more/less traffic and a different mix of traffic. We felt this would be disappointing to users as it may not be clear to them why they're not getting the score we said they would after performing the recommended actions.

This is definitely an area we want to improve in and we certainly will - remember, we're still at v1.0.0 :)

We //really// appreciate your feedback and it's fantastic that you're thinking on the same wavelength as us - please keep the ideas/notes coming!

Many thanks,
David Stockton
Fusion Support Team

Charlie Arehart

Oct 26, 2011, 11:10:01 AM10/26/11
to fusiona...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mike, did you have any thoughts on my answers to your questions of last
week? Were they helpful?

And other than your last note, how's our testing going otherwise? Any
positive results? Any challenges?

/charlie

Mike Henke

Oct 27, 2011, 3:24:36 PM10/27/11
to FusionAnalytics

On Oct 26, 10:10 am, "Charlie Arehart" <char...@carehart.org> wrote:
> Hey Mike, did you have any thoughts on my answers to your questions of last
> week? Were they helpful?
Yes, your answers were very helpful

> And other than your last note, how's our testing going otherwise? Any
> positive results? Any challenges?
No challenges yet. Just feels a little confusing with fadc, fads, and
different ports urls. Was able to pull in some production data for the
last few days and review now.

Charlie Arehart

Oct 28, 2011, 7:33:41 AM10/28/11
to fusiona...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update. One tip on the FADC/FADS urls/ports, note that in the
FA interface (the AIR client) the last link is "administration" which offers
links to open the FADC and FADS admins.