column names returned in lower case?

Jean-Marc Lebourg

Mar 4, 2023, 5:48:21 AM3/4/23
to Fusio
Hi,
I have noticed problems with the case on column names with the use of SQL actions.
The generator ignores capital letters in the structure of tables.
For a column name like "userData" we get "userdata" in the "entity" schema generated... This causes errors on actions of the type "update".
So, it means that either you should not use capital letters in the column names, or you should modify the "_Entity" schema by hand!
On the other hand, after correction in the schema "entity" (so I put back "userData" so that the commands "insert" and "update" work), I found that during a "select row" action, the json returns "userdata" in the answer, without the capital "D", even after clearing the cache...
Is all this normal or is there a "case-sensitive" setting somewhere?

Best,
Jim

Christoph Kappestein

Mar 17, 2023, 5:43:10 PM3/17/23
to Fusio
Hi,

yes, so in general I would recommend to use snake_casing for column names since some databases are also case insensitive.
Through a mapping you can then also transform the column names, or you can also take a look at the SQL-Builder for
more complex JSON structures.

best regards
Christoph