"Found no existing token" during Import

Mathew Tasalloti

Dec 7, 2023, 2:27:37 PM12/7/23
to Fusio
Hi Chris and team,

I'm stomped and wondering if you I can pick your brain.  I'm trying to upgrade from Fusio 3.x to Fusio 4.0.3.

1) I exported my data using "fusio deploy:export <data-file>"

Then I installed the server using either the full method and also tried installing using the docker image.   The servers install fine, but when I try to import the data into the new server I am presented with " Existing token is expired, please request a new token through the login command".  I'm confused since I'm doing the following:

1) bin/fusio login <admin>
2) bin/fusio deploy:import <data-file>

It doesn't matter how many times I log in or how I've installed the server, I keep getting this message.

Any ideas how I can get around this issue and import my data into the new server?

Many Thanks,
Mathew

Christoph Kappestein

Dec 7, 2023, 3:07:17 PM12/7/23
to Fusio
Hi Mathew,

exporting and importing the data will probably not work without problems since in the new 4.0 version we have changed the routes to operations which requires a different table structure. In general I would recommend to connect the new Fusio installation to your old 3.x database and then run the install command and after this the system:upgrade command. Please take a look at our upgrade document s.
https://github.com/apioo/fusio/blob/master/UPGRADE.md

Through this you should be able to upgrade to the latest 4.x version.

best regards
Christoph

Mathew Tasalloti

Dec 8, 2023, 2:05:20 PM12/8/23
to Fusio
Hi Christoph!

Thank you so much for this - I can certainly do that per the upgrade docs.    We have our server in a VM so I can back it up and upgrade it to 4.0.

I'm assuming that after that upgrade we can just do an export that would be compatible with V4 - then we don't look back ;-)

Hope you are keeping well.

Regards,
Mathew

Mathew Tasalloti

Dec 8, 2023, 2:05:23 PM12/8/23
to Fusio
Hi Christoph,

I have what may be a silly question about something not clear to me in the upgrade instructions:

  • Download the current Fusio version from GitHub and place it in a clean new folder. Then configure the database credentials of your old Fusio installation at the .env file, in the new version we have only a single APP_CONNECTION parameter. Copy also all existing env settings from your old installation. Now you can run the migrate command (which was previously the install command), which transforms your existing database to the new schema.
I followed these steps and I'm assuming by by migrate, we are referring to "bin/fusio migration:migrate".   If that is correct, then on running this command I' getting the following error message:

  • "You need to set up the project dependencies through composer"

Have you seen this before?   I'm now wondering if "migrate" is referring to some other migrate command.

Thanks,
Mathew