Install Problems V 1.9.4 and backend

Murray L

Oct 9, 2020, 12:23:45 PM10/9/20
to Fusio
I tried using the install.php, but got an error saying that the backend could not be installed so I headed down the manual route:

From here I did a manual download and a manual setup:

Setup
Adjust the configuration file

Open the file .env in the Fusio directory and change the key FUSIO_URL to the domain pointing to the public folder. Also insert the database credentials to the FUSIO_DB_* keys.

Execute the installation command

The installation script inserts the Fusio database schema into the provided database. It can be executed with the following command php bin/fusio install.

Create administrator user

After the installation is complete you have to create a new administrator account. Therefor you can use the following command php bin/fusio adduser. Choose as account type "Administrator".

this resulting in an .env of:

# Fusio
FUSIO_PROJECT_KEY="1e369b9e284f7c23cfc2591919e990cd"
FUSIO_HOST="api2.localhost.local"
FUSIO_URL="http://api2.localhost.local"
FUSIO_APPS_URL="http://api2.localhost.local/apps"
FUSIO_ENV="dev" # dev or prod
FUSIO_DB_NAME="fusio_api2"
FUSIO_DB_USER="admin"
FUSIO_DB_PW="<****>"
FUSIO_DB_HOST="127.0.0.1"
# Drivers: pdo_mysql, pdo_pgsql, sqlsrv, oci8, sqlanywhere, pdo_sqlite
FUSIO_DB_DRIVER="pdo_mysql"

# Config (resources/config.yaml)
# Login provider
PROVIDER_FACEBOOK_KEY=""
PROVIDER_FACEBOOK_SECRET=""
PROVIDER_GOOGLE_KEY=""
PROVIDER_GOOGLE_SECRET=""
PROVIDER_GITHUB_KEY=""
PROVIDER_GITHUB_SECRET=""

# Register captcha
RECAPTCHA_KEY=""
RECAPTCHA_SECRET=""

The I install the backend from the marketplace from the instruction here:

https://www.fusio-project.org/blog/post/version-1.9.3-released

using the command:

php bin/fusio marketplace:install fusio

this completed successfully and the code appeared in the folder

<home>/apps/fusio

Navigating to http://api2.localhost.local/  returns:

{
    "message": "Congratulations the installation of Fusio was successful",
    "apiVersion": "v4.4.8@fc2aba51f856e47e36f9f1df1cc5e7e5de6191ca",
    "links": [
        {
            "rel": "about",
            "name": "http:\/\/fusio-project.org"
        }
    ]
}
so all is well.

IIS is set up with the /public/folder mapped to http://api2.localohost.local

http://api2.localohost.local rewrites to <home>/public/index.php

debugging on:
http://api2.munni.local/fusio response "PSX\\Framework\\Loader\\InvalidPathException"
http://api2.munni.local/apps/fusio
"PSX\\Framework\\Loader\\InvalidPathException"

I'm lost...

Christoph Kappestein

Oct 10, 2020, 8:09:00 AM10/10/20
to Fusio

Hi,

so if you want to access the backend you need to make the /apps folder accessible through the web, either through a custom sub domain since api2.localhost.local/ points in your case to the public/ folder.
I.e. the apps.localhost.local could point to the apps/ folder then you could access the Fusio backend app via apps.localhost.local/fusio which then connects to the API at api2.localhost.local/

best regards
Christoph

Murray L

Oct 10, 2020, 12:36:18 PM10/10/20
to Fusio
Thanks Christoph, I think I thought the app mapping was optional.

It also mans that the IIS setup instructions are now out of date.

I'll ping you an updated version.

Thanks
Murray